A few Pictures of my 10 second car race car

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks you for the positive comments :clap: unfortunatatly I blew the motor on it's debut run........ The longblock motor had 10 miles or less on it and the builder should warranty it as I have known him for 17+ years. It was dynoed to be 624 horsepower and 559 pound feet of torque on a chassis dyno last fall. The motor is a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder with a monster turbo. I feel that I dropped a valve in a cylinder based on the noises that I heard in the car :( I will except petty rep tho

Last edited:
Now I know its a dodge but shouldnt it last longer than 10 seconds?:)

Nice ride!

Actually its a Mitsubishi.

Those cars can be rockets. Especially if they have a nice 4G63 dropped in them. Throw on an HX35 or HX40 and match the fuel to it and you have a car no factory production vehicle can match, of course, you'll need a tranny that can handle that much power.

What turbo you running on the car Talon?

Actually its a Mitsubishi.

Those cars can be rockets. Especially if they have a nice 4G63 dropped in them. Throw on an HX35 or HX40 and match the fuel to it and you have a car no factory production vehicle can match, of course, you'll need a tranny that can handle that much power.

What turbo you running on the car Talon?
I have a 37R turbo on the car :clap:

For some reason I thought the talon was a dodge (and we dont get dodges here), my mistake, although I havent seen that mitz here, I guess its not sold in Japan otherwise we would see them due to most of our vehicles being second hand ex japan.
Is it related to the GTO or FTO, isnt the 4G63 and evo motor? We get every kind of skyline (even diesels and stationwagons) Supra, GTX, GTR, Evo, Soarer, WRX,(my mum has a GITA, which is embarrasing as I would like to have one!) but just havent seen that mitz before.
Youd like some of the cars we end up with, alot of highly modified cars that get sold here cheap. And since theres no compulsory insurance, its fair game what you buy.
My workmate had a GTR Familia with a 1800 turbo 4wd and LSD pushing over 200kw at the wheels. Really quick little car, it cornered like it was a gas explosion going through pipes.
My brother just monster turboed one of his MR2's last month (also has an mx5 and we share a twin turb rotary lotus 7 rep as a money pit). Cars are a bad addiction.
I had skylines, legacys and celicas for a while. Then I met my wife. At least I still have my fireblade.

Heres something you might like-
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Nissan/auction-157112227.htm

Oh my brothers stupidly rich mate crashed his modded EVO 9, my brothers looking at grabbing the car just for the tires, some parts are salvagable after a head on with a lamp post, if theres anything you need I could see if my brother has it.

Last edited:
10 second 1/4 mile machine...??
nice car!! have never seen a stock looking machine go that fast...

any chance you could post a picture of the drag strip ticket?

midsmmeet593.jpg

Very nice car. Are you using AEM for tuning? Man I love the Talons. Yours is one of the cleanest non riced out machines there is.

Scott

The longblock was professionally built. The car is in Ohio back at the builder again. He will warranty the car as it was something that they did. The car was dynoed at 624 wheel horsepower and 559 pounds of torque out of a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder. The car was built to run very high 9's in the 1/4 mile :clap: The car was scary fast until it blew up when I hit 3rd gear :censored: I will post a time ticket when I get the car back in probably a month.

Last edited:
Yours is one of the cleanest non riced out machines there is.

Scott

+1,:agree2: that is what I like about his car. Unless it comes from behind and you spot that huge intercooler, you won't know what just blew the doors off.:dizzy: I bet it has a killer 60ft. with that 4wd.:clap:

Nice ride ya got there buddy!

so the "talon" is obvious, what's the "1189"? The manufacture date, an old 1/4 mile time, the first motor lasted 11mi the second 89? :popcorn:

Kidding it really is a nice looking car. :clap:

Update

where is your time slip?? GOTTA see that time slip!! If you would have read this whole post.........You would known that the motor is blown up. As of this post.......The motor is being repaired under warranty as it was a problem with their own physical issues for the head gasket. I run a nasty boost pressure of between 37-40 psi turbo boost :jawdrop: My head was O ringed to handle this kinda pressure.......there is no reason why the head gasket was spit out at less :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks you for the positive comments :clap: unfortunatatly I blew the motor on it's debut run........ The longblock motor had 10 miles or less on it and the builder should warranty it as I have known him for 17+ years. It was dynoed to be 624 horsepower and 559 pound feet of torque on a chassis dyno last fall. The motor is a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder with a monster turbo. I feel that I dropped a valve in a cylinder based on the noises that I heard in the car :( I will except petty rep tho

You're asking for a warranty on a race engine? :confused:

For some reason I thought the talon was a dodge (and we dont get dodges here), my mistake, although I havent seen that mitz here, I guess its not sold in Japan otherwise we would see them due to most of our vehicles being second hand ex japan.

I think the Dodge version was called the Eclipse.

You're asking for a warranty on a race engine? :confused:
Yes I am with less than 10 miles on the long block. The shop already said it was their fault and are gonna fix it for no charge :clap: They think it is a head gasket that blew but have not pulled it apart yet. The head is O ringed and should be able to hande 50 psi of turbo boost pressure. The motor spit this one out at only 36 psi :(

No, i read the whole thread. You claim a 10 sceond car, yoou must have some times right? Without some proof, well i dont know what to tell you.
I dunno around here we like to keep things secret!
Try 30 psi on a stroker 408 windsor and then you can tote some skinnies!!!

Latest posts

Back