A few Pictures of my 10 second car race car

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I claimed a 10 second car because at 3,300 pounds with driver and 624 wheel horsepower and 559 pound feet of torque to the payment per the dyno sheet with my AWD car.......these times are guaranteed and are known for many years with a DSM car :clap: I have no time ticket to prove anything yet because the builder of the car did something wrong that caused it to blow the motor with less than 10 miles on the longblock :confused: I do not expect to get this car back before September tho. Stay tuned to this thread as I will post a real ticket once I get my "Red Beast" back in a few weeks and head out to the dragstrip here in Michigan :cheers: The known times that I posted here should produce very high 9 second time tickets. The 4 cylinder 2.0 litre motors are known to produce over 1,000 wheel horsepower to the pavement. Everything is here in my engine bay until the car reaches the dragstrip very soon and shows a physical time slip. It will happen very soon tho :cheers: I just got to play the waiting game as other cars of my type are paying and I am not. Guess who gets the priority here?

Nice car man sorry to hear about the engine that stuff happens when you least expect it. Its great to see a true sleeper and not a plastic fendered/winged/F&F wanabe great job!

I wish we had more japanese export cars here to tinker with, they make some badazz stock machines over there. Its just sucks we have these crash and emissions specs to deal with it not good for us car enthuziests.

(one of my many projects) I am building an 85 rwd Celica GT(w/automatic trans) sleeper, its got a 3.0 v6 3vze presently however a 3.4 dohc will bolt right in where the 3.0 fits...I am seriously considering that combo because of the TRD supercharger etc thats available for it.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Kansas

Welp..........Buschur Racing finally got to my car after it sitting for almost a month. I was told that a piston wrist pin failed causing the head and block damage. The JE piston was eaten as well. They have no clue why the wrist pin would of failed with less than 10 miles on the entire long
block. This was a $4,000 drag race long block that blew up and is trashed. The owner said he will eat the entire bill for another long block. I am responsible for the labor to pull the motor out of the car and to put the motor back in which is more than fair. The motor was built 12 months ago but just never been street driven. The owner also will have to re dyno tune the car on a chassis Mustang AWD dyno for no charge to me. The new motor will be tuned to around 625-650 wheel horsepower which is needed to run high 9's in the quarter mile which is the goal. Hopefully I will be picking up the car in a couple of weeks :clap:

Nice ride, I am a fan of talons/eclispes, brother had one....but I agree with 056 kid, I would have started with a v8. No replacement for displacement. More bang for your buck too. You can only bolt on turbos and superchargers till the engine can't take it anymore...but don't let me rain on your party, somebody has to push the limits on the 4 cylinders.:clap:

I raced a 428 Cobra Jet Mustang 30 years ago. It was less reliable than my AWD Talon. V8 are like belly buttons at the dragstrip.......everyone has one. I enjoy racing something different. Trust me there are very few things in drag racing than coming up to the line against a old school big block Chevy, Mopar or Ford and handing him his Azz at the finish line with 1/4 of the displacement and 1/2 the cylinders. The looks on their faces are priceless :confused: It has happened many times over the last 18 years of owning this car. I love to humiliate V8 race cars. You would have to experience it to understand what I am talking about :clap: It is well worth it.

I raced a 428 Cobra Jet Mustang 30 years ago. It was less reliable than my AWD Talon. V8 are like belly buttons at the dragstrip.......everyone has one. I enjoy racing something different. Trust me there are very few things in drag racing than coming up to the line against a old school big block Chevy, Mopar or Ford and handing him his Azz at the finish line with 1/4 of the displacement and 1/2 the cylinders. The looks on their faces are priceless :confused: It has happened many times over the last 18 years of owning this car. I love to humiliate V8 race cars. You would have to experience it to understand what I am talking about :clap: It is well worth it.

Not so many V8s over here but i had a Ford 1.6i that was done to fast road spec that would waste a 2.0 they didnt like it when i told them it was like me getting beaten by a 1.2 lol
It still had carpets rooflining and Seats but all the sound proofing was ripped out. The power band was from 4100rpm to 5600rpm the damn thing went faster if you changed up at 5600!!!! instead of hanging it out to the 6500 red line it was really low geared 53 in 2nd 83 in 3rd 114 in 4th 135 in 5th
And now i own a 1.9 Diesel that would waste that bloody XR3i i never thought it was possable!

See Scotclayshooter.......you know what I am saying here :clap: My AWD Talon also has it's full stock interior and carpet also. The only changes are I added a custom made 8 point chome moly rollcage and a 5 point seatbelt safety harness. Both are required to run 11.99 times and quicker per the NHRA rules :cheers:

Welp......I finally will get my '90 AWD Talon back this Sunday :clap: Buschur Racing had to replace the entire short block. They gave me a new block, crank, pistons, piston rings, rods, and all new bearing. It all was trashed. They also had to re dyno the car. They footed the bill. I had to pay to pull the motor out and put the motor back in the car. I am hoping to hit the dragstrip next week and will post out some time tickets then :clap:

:clap: Good deal talon, Thats alot of money down the drain in such a short time ,Im glad the engine builder took care of you. :cheers:

there's a guy on compitition diesel with a 2003 cummins turbo diesel, that's posted a 10.84 video, proving the ET.

loads of cummins trucks have broken 10 seconds.... this guy did it completely with only bolt-ons... the engine long block is completely stock. head has never been off.

naturally it's got a tricked out tranny, TC, twin turbo's, etc, etc, etc...

Welp......I finally will get my '90 AWD Talon back this Sunday :clap: Buschur Racing had to replace the entire short block. They gave me a new block, crank, pistons, piston rings, rods, and all new bearing. It all was trashed. They also had to re dyno the car. They footed the bill. I had to pay to pull the motor out and put the motor back in the car. I am hoping to hit the dragstrip next week and will post out some time tickets then :clap:

Try to make it to the end this time!
Good luck!

Here is a few brand new images of my 1990 AWD Talon from Buschur Racing in Wakeman, Ohio. The body has 58,000 original miles on it and is awaiting to be loaded up on the trailer and brought back home to Michigan. Hopefully my new long block will last more than 10 miles this time :hmm3grin2orange:

evos228.jpg

evos225.jpg

evos227.jpg

Here is a few brand new images of my 1990 AWD Talon from Buschur Racing in Wakeman, Ohio. The body has 58,000 original miles on it and is awaiting to be loaded up on the trailer and brought back home to Michigan. Hopefully my new long block will last more than 10 miles this time :hmm3grin2orange:

evos227.jpg

Nice EVO! Corners are where the fun is at!

Good luck this time! fingers crossed!
Maybe we will get to see a time slip this time!

here's the link
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=215540

there's a guy on compitition diesel with a 2003 cummins turbo diesel, that's posted a 10.84 video, proving the ET.

loads of cummins trucks have broken 10 seconds.... this guy did it completely with only bolt-ons... the engine long block is completely stock. head has never been off.

naturally it's got a tricked out tranny, TC, twin turbo's, etc, etc, etc...

it's a daily driver... as with most folks who drag race cummins. it's not usual for cummins trucks to drive 1,000+ miles a meet ... run... then drive home.

That is a pretty cool video :cheers: He needs that shot of Nitrous to spool those big turbos. Wonder if he ever street drives it? :biggrinbounce2:

I know that's a Galant that's why I said it was a picture of the EVO's grandpa. Wasn't meaning for you to take it as me hi'jacking your thread. I guess a cummins diesel is closer in relation then a Galant.

Scott

Latest posts

Back