A few Pictures of my 10 second car race car

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had about a dozen Hondas, all with various engines/states of tune/nitrous, but none that were super fast. I finally sold my last CRX with a nitrous B16 VTEC to get my 70 Chevelle with a 402 big block back on the road, and I couldn't be happier!

I have always liked the DSM cars, almost bought a Laser AWD turbo back in the day, but I just don't trust them. I've yet to see a reliable DSM that has any amount of tuning to it. Are they fast? Definitely. However, never for very long it seems like! I can run the snot out of my Chevelle (again, I'm not making 650hp either) but the only thing I need to worry about it finding a gas pump!

Good luck with your new engine! Hope it holds together this go-round! :cheers:

Thanks for your post.......I am almost 50 years old and my very first car was a 428 Cobra Jet 1969 Mustang with tri-power:clap: My 1990 AWD Talon would easily embarrass this older car and be fully street worthy for a daily driver. Newer technology is the key here :clap: The weather in Michigan was so bad on the 15th of November......that I never got my "Red Beast" out this season. I do respect modified V8's........The fun comes when you spank a large displacement V8 motor when you have only a 2.0 litre 4 banger motor.....how embarrassing is that? I love turbo-charged 4 cylinders now.......:clap: I unfortunately have to wait until next April for the dragstrips to open in Michigan again. Lower 10's are expected with my car......I will get there...:clap: ....I just need some better luck and better weather........:rock:

I think the Dodge version was called the Eclipse.

Plymouth Laser, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, mostly the same car besides some cosmetics.

I'd like to line up with my '57 VW Beetle
2332 big bore stroker with t3-t4 hybrid at 19psi
1750lbs daily driver
Big wheelies on 18" street tires without the bars on.

Cool DSM, fun to watch 'em squat at launch!

so did you ever get your Talon together to make a valid run yet?

so did you ever get your Talon together to make a valid run yet?
Unfortunately the drag strip closed due to cold weather here in Michigan. I have to wait until next April. My car is sleeping in my garage until then :givebeer:

This Red Beast will be up and ready this spring for the dragstrip in Michigan. I took a year off due to money issues and am stihl poor.....
MotownMOD002.jpg
I will expect nothing less than 10 second time tickets at the time booth :clap:

Well good luck!

I just dont know what you see in them rice burners. . .

I see the "element of surprise"...........When you spank and 8 cylinder car at the dragstrip and you have 1/2 the displacement at 2.0 litres and only 4 cylinders..........It is pure heaven because you went different than the odds :clap: The look on their faces when they lose is "PRICELESS".........that is why :)

I see the "element of surprise"...........When you spank and 8 cylinder car at the dragstrip and you have 1/2 the displacement at 2.0 litres and only 4 cylinders..........It is pure heaven because you went different than the odds :clap: The look on their faces when they lose is "PRICELESS".........that is why :)

if there werent so many fags out there making a ton of noise and going nowhere i would probabpy have a different outlook. You give the 4 banger a good name.

You had better mind those v8s though :cheers:

V8's don't mean a thing anymore. Unless your a purist like me and go for the sound and torque. Its hard to get an appealing exhaust note out of a 4'' fart pipe, but, to each his own.
Boost is the replacement for displacement. I would definately be respectful of that Talon, even with the boosted coupe I had. Especially on the street. His biggest advantage over the V8 cars is the fact that he will dead hook from a roll, dig, you name it. AWD is hard to handle even for a highly modded V8.

You won't get any rice flaming from me my friend. I think you have a nice car there and will definately leave some guys butt hurt at the track when your luck turns around from all the mechanical failures.

Rep to you from a Mustang Guy.:clap:

if there werent so many fags out there making a ton of noise and going nowhere i would probabpy have a different outlook. You give the 4 banger a good name.

You had better mind those v8s though :cheers:

I must agree with you on that one. I hate going out around town on a nice summer night, with the wife and kids mind you, and some fool comes up beside me and gives me a pipe shot and sounds off his blow off valve repeatedly. Like I'm gonna bite with my family in the car. I can take the car home, leave the family there, and put my drag radials on, then go back to town and seek this turd out, and all of a sudden he has the driving manners of a little old lady. Some "ricers" give the "serious racers" a bad rap.
My buddy at work has a Supra with around 1000 rwhp and I still call him a ricer.:laugh:

Latest posts

Back