A good trimming saw for $100?? Ryobi 10532 Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fuel line problems

Hi Gang
My Ryobi has a normal length fuel line and a weighted filter in the tank. HOWEVER, the problem is the fuel line is SO stiff that the filter wants to sit right at the filler cap mouth.
This makes it impossible to run the saw on the side except for a few minutes when the tank is right full.
It looks like the only solution is to change the fuel line to a softer more flexible one. This looks like a bear to do.
SUGGESTIONS !!!
Thanks

I do not think I have an inch to spare on it as it just barely makes it out enough to change the filter now.
Most of our gas here is not blended with ethanol and I try to stay away from it

mustard fuel line problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Gang
My Ryobi has a normal length fuel line and a weighted filter in the tank. HOWEVER, the problem is the fuel line is SO stiff that the filter wants to sit right at the filler cap mouth.
This makes it impossible to run the saw on the side except for a few minutes when the tank is right full.
It looks like the only solution is to change the fuel line to a softer more flexible one. This looks like a bear to do.
SUGGESTIONS !!!
Thanks

I got my second new one two days ago..
did the carb mod and the fuel line mod..
i took pix also..
all you want to know about the carb and fuel line i have done twice and have pix of the procedure..i was going to wait untill i did the muffler mod with pix also but may make two diff posts for it..
now i think it should take two posts to cover both..
i should have the carb and fuel line stuff up within two days..the muff mod maybe 3 or 4 days..
I dont "think" these come with a weighted filter at all..on my first one i got another filter out of an old saw to replace it..on the second i found an old small homelite oil tank filter is REALLY heavy and after cleaning the bar oil off it was perfect !!. i used stihl string trimmer fuel line ( tygon ) and re-routing of fuel line and a spring from the hardware store for a total cost of $3 fixed everything..with the fuel line fix and the carb mod for tuning and the muff mod this little saw is one of my favorites now !!
one of the tools needed is a pair of 6 or 7 inch hemostats to make it easy..
total time for carb mod and fuel line is about 2 hours..

To roncoinc, can't wait to see the mods. I'm interested in what you did with the carb.
Thanks to this thread, I just bought a Ryobi myself.
For anyone who maybe interested, you can find a new one here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320439734530&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
The guy has 8 left as of right now for $114.95 plus shipping, which for me was $15.49.
HD shows the rebuilt ones as out of stock and CPORyobi has them for $129.99 so for 45 cents more, the case that comes with it was well worth buying a new one.
Keep up the great work guys, sure am glad I found this site.

trent2 To roncoinc, can't wait to see the mods. I'm interested in what you did with the carb.
Thanks to this thread, I just bought a Ryobi myself.
For anyone who maybe interested, you can find a new one here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320439734530&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
The guy has 8 left as of right now for $114.95 plus shipping, which for me was $15.49.
HD shows the rebuilt ones as out of stock and CPORyobi has them for $129.99 so for 45 cents more, the case that comes with it was well worth buying a new one.
Keep up the great work guys, sure am glad I found this site.

If you search under my user name you will find i posted the muffler mod pix..
if you have a hard time finding them let me know..

I followed this post all the way through and others, but didn't see all of these pics before. I missed them some how. Thanks for the pics. That was the info I was looking for. That was a great help.
I just wish I had learned about the place selling them for $99 before.
Oh well, like I said before, I wanted the case any way.
Thanks again.

Roncoinc
Thanks for [posting the pics.
What is the trick to replacing the fuel line? I saw the pic with the spring going out and in the cases for what??

How much more zip do you think you got with just the exhaust port mod?
Thanks

mustard Roncoinc
Thanks for [posting the pics.
What is the trick to replacing the fuel line? I saw the pic with the spring going out and in the cases for what??

How much more zip do you think you got with just the exhaust port mod?
Thanks

I used tygon yellow fuel line for a string trimmer,VERY supple..pull the carb and line is easy to replace,cut end on an angle to feed it thru..
where it goes thru first layer of plastic i enlaged the hole on the first saw..have to be carefull about kinks in it,that why on second saw i re-routed the line as in the pix and covered it with a spring for protection,works nice and a smoother bend in line...all of that is VERY easy to do and takes no time,get plenty of line as it is cheap then cut off excess...
i feel like after the muffler mod and exhaust port mod and a 16in bar and full chisel chain it felt like %50 improvement !!
any questions pm me.
have fun.

Just my luck, A day late and $25 short?

I got two new ones off fleabay last month, something like $115 each plus shipping. Came out less than $260 total with the plastic sawboxes that my $100 refurb didn't come with.

Toolsnow is selling on Amazon for $99.99 plus $13.02 shipping, looks like the best you can do today. Seems like CPO Ryobi had them for $89.99 with free freight a year ago, now it's $129.99 (I paid $99.99 in January).

Thought I'd give the Ryobi another shot...

...after seeing these threads all summer about how great it is. I dug mine out of the cluttered mess in my 10x10 shed and brought it up to the work bench in the garage Saturday night. I hated this saw before. This is why I bought a 361, which was my first real saw. I had it for a couple years before joining AS. I didnt know a whole lot about carb tuning, muffler mods 'n such back then. So in the last couple days I've fixed the fuel line issue, opened up the muffler and ordered a carb tool from Edge and Engine. I checked the piston from both ends and it looks like new. I only opened up the muffler to 3/8" for now until the tool comes. Already seeing a positive difference. The L adjustment is set so dang rich from the factory that I couldnt even keep it running before. Its still a little rich actually, lots of four stroking going on WFO, and still dying out randomly in a cut. But, much better already. I even added the little bugger to my sig line, which I was ashamed to do that when I first came on AS. It is easy to handle due to the fact its lighter than my 260P and smaller bodied. So when my tool comes, the exhaust is going to 1/2". I'll finally be able to adjust it. I tried a few of the tricks people have suggested and those screws wouldnt budge. This saw may actually shed its name as 'dirt saw' after I get it tuned up.

I want to get a 16" bar/chain for this saw. Can someone provide me a link to baileys with the correct bar mount? Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back