A little R&R ice climbing!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice

Looks like a fun time. No ice here this year, we had a great year last year. The best spot in CT is off limits now. Although a few guys still poach it.

Looks like a fun time. No ice here this year, we had a great year last year. The best spot in CT is off limits now. Although a few guys still poach it.

Hey, thanks for the like Huskytree! Yeah it's been in the 50's here in Illinois, had to go to Montana to find good ice to climb and snow to sled on. It's been a mild winter, even out there.

Ice climbing wasnt a fun enough form of suicide for me to continue with. On lead with the screws popping and zipping down to the belayer, I hit a massive dinner plate and am looking at nothing but rock. Scared the tar out of me.

Ice climbing wasnt a fun enough form of suicide for me to continue with. On lead with the screws popping and zipping down to the belayer, I hit a massive dinner plate and am looking at nothing but rock. Scared the tar out of me.

That's why I would almost rather climb wet ice, less dinner plates. How's the rock climbing in New Zealand? Would love to climb there one day!

That's why I would almost rather climb wet ice, less dinner plates. How's the rock climbing in New Zealand? Would love to climb there one day!

Theres some great rock all around NZ. Very little epic multi pitch but lots of great sport routes. Wharepapa has over 800 climbs, whanganui bay over 200, and with a mild winter you can climb most places year round.

Rock Climbing Places to New Zealand

Latest posts

Back