A long way to go.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaperman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A picture is worth a 1000 words.

ZT5Yi.jpg

This pile is about 45 feet long

q9S9i.jpg

Bragging or complaining??? :msp_sneaky: Just joken..

Nice pile.. keep on keeping on.. :msp_wink:

Nice score. What do you think the yield will be after stacking? Keep the pics coming!

Nice score. What do you think the yield will be after stacking? Keep the pics coming!

Are you telling me I have to stack it too :msp_scared:

I never tried to figure out how much actual wood there may be. But I have at least 3 times that much still in logs that need bucking. And probably 30 more red oaks blown over that I most likely wont be able to tackle this winter. Not to mention some more ash trees in the river bottom to try and skid onto a pile. All thanks to a storm the fall of 2010.

I have found that bucking some and then splitting some breaks up the monotony of splitting for hours upon hours. Have laid up 90 foot piles of cut wood like just like that and thought oh sh*t, now I have to split all that!

Looks good!! It's a lot of work but I'd be like a kid in a candy shop. You have a good year to get that cut and split. Couldn't ask for better weather.

done yet? I want to see the finished pics. Might make me get out there and do my measly 3 cords.

Finifhed

I finally finished splitting. A few hours each day and the pile started to shrink. The pile is about 43 feet long, mostly red oak with about 25% ash. There should be approx 10 full cords. I most likely wont stack until spring. I still have more wood I'd like to cut before the weather turns into winter.

SBImH.jpg

I finally finished splitting. A few hours each day and the pile started to shrink. The pile is about 43 feet long, mostly red oak with about 25% ash. There should be approx 10 full cords. I most likely wont stack until spring. I still have more wood I'd like to cut before the weather turns into winter.

SBImH.jpg

and you def want to get that stacked,,as soon as you can..otherwise,that pile will rot from the inside out..

Back