A MS440 ported from the factory???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my guess is with transfers that high on the cylinder wall its no ,on the windows.

Yes, a windowed 2083 Jonsered piston 54mm. I think the non window piston run better. That's a timber saw.

066 stihl

So what was the deal with him? Someone told me he was advertising a saw built by someone else as his work.
Ya I was trying to find that video last night and did find that one thread when he was accused of doing that. I don't know any of the details except what was said in the thread. I'll see if I can find the thread again and pm u it.

I believe Ricky raced him down at winnfield one year.

Yesserie Bradley!......I've mentioned in several threads about "Pop-ups" using a dome piston. Must of went right over paint tainted head.....Hahahahahaha!

Another application that the 056 Super piston in an 066 works good for is sawmilling. A member here bought one from me in 2003 and got a couple years out of
it on his Alaskan mill. He said it smoked his 394. I didn't cut the piston though, I had the squish band shaped to match the dome.

Ya I was trying to find that video last night and did find that one thread when he was accused of doing that. I don't know any of the details except what was said in the thread. I'll see if I can find the thread again and pm u it.

I believe Ricky raced him down at winnfield one year.

I didn't know the guy, just curious. He bought an early 3120 carb from me that had the high/low adjustments, said he was putting it on an 044 or 372.

Yes, raise on all husky dual transfers. If building a racing saw go higher.

One time and you will like it. Ask Brad if you can trust me.

066 stihl

Yes, raise on all husky dual transfers. If building a racing saw go higher.

One time and you will like it. Ask Brad if you can trust me.

066 stihl

I've known Ricky for probably 8 or so years and he has never steered me wrong. He isn't on here to try to get portwork. He doesn't have any interest in porting anyone's saw.

He is just trying to pass on information he has gained through trial and error building work saws, building race saws, and racing saws. Any information he posts regarding porting saws are his honest answers/opinions.

I've known Ricky for probably 8 or so years and he has never steered me wrong. He isn't on here to try to get portwork. He doesn't have any interest in porting anyone's saw.

He is just trying to pass on information he has gained through trial and error building work saws, building race saws, and racing saws. Any information he posts regarding porting saws are his honest answers/opinions.

I learned a bit from Ricky in the early days here. We talked about porting up some of the older saws. He has rock solid info and some really cool ideas.

Ricky is tryin' to learn me how...that's why i keep sayin' "my secrets are out". But the last intake i ground on was the cylinder head on my Cummins. 2-strokes will be next...

Some coils just make a saw run better. I guess, a hotter spark. Try 4 or 5 coils on the same saw.

When racing saws, you look at everything, trying to get faster.

066 stihl

I've read the FAQ on rep, but I'm still at a loss as to how to rep this guy!?!!:msp_mad:
I generally miss the obvious, it seems...

Latest posts

Back