A MS440 ported from the factory???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, thorough aggravation drives me to the solution...:angry: And I wanted my rep to be a happy thing. It is d*mn well done now

Thanks to all who share their accumulated knowledge

Hopefully we didn't lose him for another 6 years ;).

Ricky - how many # of compression did your saw have when you built it? Are you running anything besides high test pump fuel and husky/jonsered synthetic at 32:1? How many years have you cut timber with it?

So far that is what they are saying. But I will no more tomorrow after they take out the staples and I get to talk to the doctor. I think the worst damage will be to my pride and mainly my wallet though.

I can't see any differnce in the final result. It would be a ton more work to do though, requiring splitting the cases and removing the crank.

I cut a few 365 Husky cases about 10 years ago. It is a lot of work. It would take me longer to set them up on my mill then it did to disassemble and reassemble the bottom end. Cutting a few thousands off of the case does very little in changing crack case volume and it works the same as cutting the cylinder base. In some shows your saw has to be pure stock with no port or machine work. If the saw gets looked at by the judges they will never notice the case was machined, they will look all over the cylinder. If the case was machined on the saw that you have pictured, it may have been built for that type of show and the cylinder was ported at a later time.

Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back