A pic of a well used chinese saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started out doing firewood with two craftsman chainsaws. After cutting 20 cords of wood they were wornout. With all this free wood for the taking I purchased two new huskys. Piles of trees as big as ranch houses were disappearing over night on the new highway. I had no time to fix new saws. I needed dependable saws. I lost my job in ‘83, in ‘84, in ‘85. Those huskys were smoking throwing chips. No time to play with a lesser quality saw. My husky saws paid the bills, fed the family. I bought two new husky saws on a whim while working. I spent over $1,000. My gut feeling paid off when I lost my job.

I don’t miss those cheaper saws with no anti vibration. I was driving, steering and shifting gears with hand cramps. I’ll never forget that feeling.

I’d like to try a Chinese saw just for its and giggles. Someday.

I bought a china 52cc special and to be honest was a great saw it got absolutely neglected for 5 years of newbness from me never tuned never even had a plug changed. It allways started it was a reliable little saw had the usual 20 inch bar which it pulled ok I spose. It had an adjustable oiler, rim sprocket, aluminum case, not bad AV. Filter was terrible never did figure where it leaked from but yeah 5 years later still running well I sold it for half what a payed on its 3rd bar 80 nz pesos:)

Oh sorry no picture.

Mate bought 1 same looking from a big box store. Heap of junk absolute junk in every way. It broke it lost screws it stripped threads it could not be kept running for even a few days of firewood yet they both looked the same.

It was called a yd52.

Well 2 years after it's gone I found AS and you bad influences on here lol 14 saws at the moment eight 10 series Mac's from 54cc to 82 a 4000 couple 3400s and a couple echos oh and 1 lonely husky 350.

As always now that I'm 1 of you weirdo saw people now...

To be continued lol

I bought a china 52cc special and to be honest was a great saw it got absolutely neglected for 5 years of newbness from me never tuned never even had a plug changed. It allways started it was a reliable little saw had the usual 20 inch bar which it pulled ok I spose. It had an adjustable oiler, rim sprocket, aluminum case, not bad AV. Filter was terrible never did figure where it leaked from but yeah 5 years later still running well I sold it for half what a payed on its 3rd bar 80 nz pesos:)

Oh sorry no picture.

Mate bought 1 same looking from a big box store. Heap of junk absolute junk in every way. It broke it lost screws it stripped threads it could not be kept running for even a few days of firewood yet they both looked the same.

It was called a yd52.

Well 2 years after it's gone I found AS and you bad influences on here lol 14 saws at the moment eight 10 series Mac's from 54cc to 82 a 4000 couple 3400s and a couple echos oh and 1 lonely husky 350.

As always now that I'm 1 of you weirdo saw people now...

To be continued lol

What kind of 2t's u be sniffin?

Hahaha at the moment motul 800 lol mmmmmmm snif snif mmmmm

I don't know if I got a lucky 1 in a million or what but it was a good wee saw. Knowing what I do now I'd pick old even very old for cheap and fix it

With a 16 it would of Been quite nice

I don't know if I got a lucky 1 in a million or what but it was a good wee saw. Knowing what I do now I'd pick old even very old for cheap and fix it

Hell ya.....i like to sniff a 2t or 2 every once in a while.

Latest posts

Back