A question for the saw builders...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I have said this a few times.....
But it amazes me how open all of you guys are that do this for a living, and the ones that just do it for fun to questions.
I just want to say Thank you.

I remembered on the way home from work, that I had this from back when I was playing with sleds.
d22138253faa5b2d92852282551e6953.jpg

This should work for now, what do you guys think?

Thanks, Brian

Yah I was thinking the same thing. I might to turn out a little center arbor at work, and just sandwich it between.

Thanks, Brian
Being able to use machine tools is a great assets. At my work whe have multiple lathes, mills, etc. I have played with the lathes but not the mills. I don't have enough experience to run either worth a damn yet but I hoping some of my older co-workers will be willing to teach me once they see I have a willingness to learn.

I have been at the same place for 20 yrs. And have run most of the machines at one point or another. But only long enough on most just to be dangerous. LOL
Most of the time I will just buy coffee for who ever is running it when I need something quick and easy.

Thanks, Brian

The guy I had do this for me, has been working here since 1969. I know he has forgot more then I will ever know about machining. He keeps saying that he going to retire but he never does.

That is cool....
Do them plastic screws hold it tight enough?
Yeah, not a problem. I would have liked to have used some larger diameter nylon screws but I didn't have any handy. They prevent any marking up of the crankshaft. Brass would probably work well too.

Thanks for all the information! The exhaust explanation makes sense so how do you determine the intake and transfers?

Thanks for all the information! The exhaust explanation makes sense so how do you determine the intake and transfers?

Don't take that exhaust height rule as "The Gospel". It's just something I use.....and it works for me.

Intake and transfer height are where serious gains can be found. On transfers, every design can be totally different.......quad vs dual, tight vs open. There's a lot to learn there. Intake height can be just as confusing.

Don't take that exhaust height rule as "The Gospel". It's just something I use.....and it works for me.

Intake and transfer height are where serious gains can be found. On transfers, every design can be totally different.......quad vs dual, tight vs open. There's a lot to learn there. Intake height can be just as confusing.
If you go from 50* to 40* primary compression will there be less grunt power? For an 044

Thanks! Guess it's like everything else, best to learn by doing and learning what does and doesn't work. Thanks again, very good reading and info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back