A question for the saw builders...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pick one saw and focus on it. Post your specific plans and ideas and get feedback...before doing it, lol. Your first port job can be a great success!

I didn't know whether brad was talking to me or to the OP.... I've done about 5 ported saws so far...and yes, I was taking his advice by mainly working on the 350's .... :)

if he was talking to the OP.... then I think we were waiting for him to respond

I didn't know whether brad was talking to me or to the OP.... I've done about 5 ported saws so far...and yes, I was taking his advice by mainly working on the 350's .... :)

if he was talking to the OP.... then I think we were waiting for him to respond
I too was confused on who Brad was talking too. Anyway, Brad, do I remember a thread where you advised a gent to print out a degree wheel and glue it to his flywheel?

I have a 3/8 and a 1/2 drill chuck. I print wheels and use 7" X 1/8 aluminum plates with card stock printed degree wheels glued on em.
Yet Again, Damn Good Information Moobs.
And,
"I have a potty mouth" with a Snow Shovel.

Brad, do I remember a thread where you advised a gent to print out a degree wheel and glue it to his flywheel?
Yes. That's a quick and easy solution that works well. The key thing is to first size it exactly to fit the diameter of the flywheel. That way it's easy to center. I now use a 1/2" chuck with an 8" degree wheel.

I am just going to go and get a degree wheel and tare apart one of my saws to try it.
The way I am wired, I can read all I want but just don't really get it until I do it.

I'm wired the same way.

I remember asking for someone to do a thread on setting up a degree wheel back in '09 or so. My request was overlooked.

Stumpy put this together.......

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/reading-a-degree-wheel-pics.177311/

Good stuff.

Here's a couple of vids I did......

How to set up a degree wheel....

Finding port height with a degree wheel.......

I know it's not always feasible. But when your learning or so in my case building 2 of the same saw at the same time has helped me the most. Yes you can rely on notes but that dosnt work the best for me. Lol.

I know it's not always feasible. But when your learning or so in my case building 2 of the same saw at the same time has helped me the most. Yes you can rely on notes but that dosnt work the best for me. Lol.

That is what makes this fun though Carl.

We all do things a little different.......but we all make good running saws.

That 7910 is smoking fast. :bowdown:

This is true! And I am one that is low on the pole but if I got info I'm more than willing to share it. As far as the 7910 well see if I can out due the first one. I think it's gonna be tough. Lol. But that build thread is a prime example of me learning. Lord knows I got a lot to learn.

O btw i like your size to exhaust height compare chart. Wigglesworth and I were just talking about that the other night. I called it my rule of thumb. Lmao. But mine matches yours.

O btw i like your size to exhaust height compare chart. Wigglesworth and I were just talking about that the other night. I called it my rule of thumb. Lmao. But mine matches yours.

I second guess myself a lot........but when I step too far outside those rules, I'm not as happy with the saws.

Latest posts

Back