A Sweet Abomination

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirkaba

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I finally got a picture of my rebuilt 038 Mag. She has about 8 cords of wood under her belt and don't seem to mind the AM flippy fuel cap too much. She uses dang near as much gas as my old Sachs-Dolmar 120. A very sweet running old saw! The snow wasn't there yesterday!?!?:)

P4160428.jpg

Nice looking saw. Here's the one I put together a few weeks ago. Its an older one all metal handle and full wrap handle....dgarrett
038_1.JPG

038_2.JPG

Beauty!!! Much more original without the flippy cap! Mine is wearing the choke spring!!! It was the last part to make her go............:chainsaw:

where'd you get that flippy cap tank?
i have a brand new 038 screw-cap tank sitting on my desk. :eek:

The tank came from Ebay.........I didn't have a brand new screw cap tank sitting on mydesk. I'll remember that if I rebuild another...Bob

So, reading between the lines in your post(s); The "new" flippy cap tank you acquired from fleabay for your rebuild, is it from one of the new style Brazilian 380s they're selling to the overseas market? Fitment without mods?

Sweet saw BTW, one of my all-time favorites. :rock:

Last edited:
Thanks. I really like this saw. I am pretty sure the tank/handle assembly must be aftermarket for the newer models. It was a perfect matchup with no mods. The flippy cap even seals and works good. I showed it to one of my feller buddies, he pointed at the cap and yelled "abomination" he's sort of a Stihl purist.:laugh:

Thanks. I really like this saw. I am pretty sure the tank/handle assembly must be aftermarket for the newer models. It was a perfect matchup with no mods. The flippy cap even seals and works good. I showed it to one of my feller buddies, he pointed at the cap and yelled "abomination" he's sort of a Stihl purist.:laugh:

Hey it works and the price was probably right

Back