A thousand clients....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TM,
I won't be down tomorrow I need to spend tomorrow working on my management plan that's due on Friday. I have some of it done but there's still quite a bit left to do. But next week just let me know what time you'd like me there in the mornings. It's spring break week and i'm available all week long.

Roger that. Tomorrow was to be a job where we all three could be in adjacent trees, deadwooding and light pruning and conversing with one another. Nothing technical, just a whole lotta trees. We'll knock 'er out as a twosome, but we'll miss ya.

Nick and I did a 2-hour session on organization tonight, contact tracking. Keeping track of your clients so that you don't lose people, or let them go too long to then point where they wonder if they've been forgotton. It's a simple system that is key to keeping sales at 90+ % and keeping you from losing your mind when you're booked 1-2 months out and the phone won't stop ringing. Essential stuff, I would go as far as to say critical. If you lose people or are bad on your followup you'll not only lose business, but it gives people bad things to say about your business ethic. It would be like the 'anti-referral' which is your worst enemy.

Good luck on your management plan. I respect that you know where to place your priorities. To have come down for a day of work at the expense of your grades would have been unwise. There's plenty of tree work, and plenty of time for it when the time is right. We look forward to having you back next week.

TM, would you mind sharing a bit of your contact plan that you mentioned? Sounds like you've got that down to a fine science. I see you spent a couple hours going over it this evening so I certainly don't expect that thorough of an explanation here. A simple overview would be just dandy if you have time.

This week

Hey TM,
I was wondering about this week about when you'ld like me to be there for work and where you'd like me to be? I am excited about working this week. Get more of a taste of what summer is gonna be like. If you would like me there at 9 i'll be there at 9 just let me know. I can come later too if needed.

9 am it is, and will always be. The only exception will be Emergency storm damage, or if we all discuss as a team on a time that would better suit us. I'm flexible, but we do 9:00, unless otherwise called, for the sake of consistency.

Between both you and Nick, neither one of you has shown up late, ever, not even once. I think that's pretty remarkable. The size of any weekly bonuses reflects on that sort of ethic.

So far I think we're all workin together real well. If you two can tolerate me, I luv the heck out of you guys.

Hey, here's a pic of Nick and I, we did some milling last weekend. Here's 5 of the 80 pictures I got. We had some for-real fun.

Nick

:cheers:

This is the first time ever that a milling day didn't cost me dearly (all aspects considered).

A hundred twenty bucks and about two hours and we were finished and power blowing the sawdust. Here's Nick with part of the load:

Hi, well i'm new to this site and just read this whole thread!!!
I gotta say it is refreshing and inspiring to hear from someone with the enthusiam and passion that you have tree machine. Reminds me of where i were starting out about 8 years ago. What really hit me though is how i'd become so caught up in the "business" side of things and lost sight somewhat of how FUN this work can be, why we do what we do, and the beautiful feeling of making a positive difference to our environment and the people whos live we help benefit every day through our knowledge and skills. You've inspired me to really think back to my core values that i started out with and to be creative about things and most importantly, have FUN.
Thanks TM, keep posting this thread its a good read(i feel like i know you and your team-funny hey)

Trev.
Total Tree Care(Aust) Pty Ltd
www.totaltreecare.com.au

Shaun Bowler said:
I thought this was the employment forum.
WTF
This IS the employment forum. I'm teaching these guys how to employ themselves. It may just apply to others as I'm sure there are a good many capable young treeman out there wishing to see someone else's system and see others' ideas so he can model his own dream from some start point.

I've hired two noobs, and we work very much in a noob system. However, we've jacked the noobness of the system up to a formal, professional, highly efficient set of simple, onboard systems specifically designed to make the best use of the talents of a one or two-man arborist team. I'm just sharing some of that with youz guyz. It's how to make more money in less time by optimizing the systems you run with. It's efficiency 101, the right tools used at the right times. Employees and employers making the right choices. That's employment.... yes, in a sense?

Through the Employment Forum I found two Summer apprentices. One is with me full-time (Nick) and PU climber (Tyler) is spending all of this week (Spring Break) making money with us, and otherwise he comes on Wednesdays-only until his semester ends at Purdue (Forestry), then we all go on full-time. We teach from the ground up, and I use this thread to keep you in the loop.... If that's OK with ya :)

This is still employment, isn't it?

That Walnut you milled is really something special. You have a great set up around your area well done. Also the variety of work look great.

Im keen!

Here in Stockholm Nordic Tree Care is also very environmentally friendly which i highly commend and respect, i am proud to work with such a company.

He uses the new bio gas in the vehicles which is made from organic material (brush from our jobs). The exhaust is just hot air, CO2 anyway.

He runs ethanol in the saws with fully synthetic oil which makes the saws run very clean, last a long time and have more power.

Bar lube is organic of course.

Trees are removed only when absolutely necessary. Small steps can go a long way to helping look after the environment if everyone takes them.;)

Meaning i need a few details sorted and i really need to enquire about visas, does anyone know anything about them???

But i would like to share what i know and really like to learn what you know TM.

Latest posts

Back