A trio of original beautiful 372XPs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn emerald ash bore. Is the ash tree going the way of the chestnut?
This is slightly off topic, since the 372 is the star here, but the American chestnut is far from dead. I have seen several healthy specimens in Kentucky in recent years, & we have a stand of more than 2000 of them in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan which are blight resistant. They are in the northwestern part near Traverse City. There is a forester from Mich. State University who has been working with them & taking some seedlings & relocating them to other parts of the state.

I love my 372 as long as you don't use the decompression knob when its cold. Mine won't choke that way. I threw my shoulder out of socket before I learned. It has tape over it now.

Those are massive stripes Dex! My Skag Tiger Cub would need two passes to equal one of those!
Looks great! You could lay out a few holes for golf with that much yard.

That middle saw haveth some replacement parts on her. And looks like a XT carb swap maybe?

A little WOT before the cut ensures the chain is properly lubricated.

Huh? So would dipping the whole bar in oil. Neither at all necessary for that purpose. Thanks for playing, though.

If you look about in Brad's vids, he and he alone starts every cut with a 1/2 second blast @WOT and no load. It's so easy to go WOT just as the chain hits the wood. Maybe it's thought to make it easy for the timekeeper?

Huh? So would dipping the whole bar in oil. Neither at all necessary for that purpose. Thanks for playing, though.

If you look about in Brad's vids, he and he alone starts every cut with a 1/2 second blast @WOT and no load. It's so easy to go WOT just as the chain hits the wood. Maybe it's thought to make it easy for the timekeeper?
Most of my videos are later timed. Doing it the way I do makes it easier and more consistent.

Latest posts

Back