A trio of original beautiful 372XPs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Termite

Termite

Time To Launch
Ya no rollers here! We run the Tiger and just got the new 61" V-Ride stand on last season. The secret is the Velocity deck on the big Scags nothing cuts better except MAYBE and Exmark. I also keep the decks scraped and we have a quality blade grinder even though that cut was done at the end of my route that day. I put sharp blades on after everyday of cutting.

I have been mowing with a JohnDeere 332 Diesel since 1988. It has 1050 hours on it. I will not live long enough to wear it out. But my back would really like a stand on mower. My yard is rough from many ambitious moles. I don't have back trouble till I mow over an hour. However, I can't bring myself to spend thousands of $ when I have a perfectly good mower. I would rather spend my money on guns, chainsaws or woodwoking tools, not necessary in that order.

bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Beautiful Brad! Me and you seem to have similar OCD when it comes to our yard.

Do you have a striper on that deck? Did you make your own? Or is that just how it mows?

I made one for my Dixie Chopper. Dixie's own design is a bunch chains (kinda like a drag system). It's over $400!! So I just took a 6 ft piece of rubber mat and zip screwed it to the back of the deck :) A cheap, easy, and effective striper.

that's what I did to my hydro walk behind.

chevybob

chevybob

ArboristSite Guru
Funny you mention adjusting the deck pitch because I was just recently have an argument with this hack job kid who tries to landscaping about that but he said it doesn't make any difference in the cut. I just shook my head and showed him my lawn versus his haha by the way how do you like that Lazer Z?

You can get pretty good stripes by adjusting the deck so it's slightly higher in the front. And sharp blades of course.

Mike from Maine

Mike from Maine

Read that the ms362 is awesome!!!
Funny you mention adjusting the deck pitch because I was just recently have an argument with this hack job kid who tries to landscaping about that but he said it doesn't make any difference in the cut. I just shook my head and showed him my lawn versus his haha by the way how do you like that Lazer Z?
It's been good to me, simple no frills mowing machine built to last.

Mike from Maine

Mike from Maine

Read that the ms362 is awesome!!!
Chains should just have a bolt that holds them in place. Just move the chain up.
+1

They actually come set with a very slight front tilt. Having the deck higher in the rear allows the blades to pull in more air which helps discharge the clippings farther.

You can play with the rear tire pressures to adjust the tilt as well.

hatchet13

hatchet13

ArboristSite Operative
ysy9ese7.jpg

Not the prettiest but she runs like a champ

Latest posts