Absconded with firewood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
WEBSTER, MA — A 37-year-old Webster man has been summoned by a judge to face charges involving the felling of a large maple tree in his neighbor's yard and absconding with the firewood.

Officer Gevry said he found 40 to 50 yards of fresh-cut brush from a large maple tree that Mr. Sapozhnirov said had been cut down by his neighbor, Mr. Piwowarczyk, without his permission.

"The neighbor stole the wood from the main trunk and larger sections of branches leaving just the brush piled behind the house along the property line," Officer Gevry wrote in his report.

When questioned by police, Mr. Piwowarczyk said he received permission to cut down the tree from first-floor tenant John Gillis.

According to the police report, Mr. Piwowarczyk said he paid $600 to rent a four-wheel-drive forklift and hired two friends to help. He also admitted to taking the wood.

The tree was cut on Memorial Day, when most of the tenants and the property owner were away. Neighbors told police that the crew removing the tree appeared drunk and careless.

Officer Gevry said he later spoke with Mr. Sapozhnirov and Mr. Piwowarczyk and learned the grievance had not been resolved. After consulting with the District Attorney's Office, he filed charges on July 5.
Webster man summoned to court over cut-down tree - Worcester Telegram & Gazette - telegram.com

$600 to rent a machine? I think he got ripped off there. Paid two friends? Even more money. I think he could have bought that amount of wood and skipped the work. Not to mention upcoming lawsuit, now he's going to find out that a tree is WAY more expensive once you knock it down than when it's standing. I also love the part about the tenant giving permission, lol. "Sure go ahead! It ain't mine, and birds just sit in it and crap on my car. I'd just as soon see it gone!"

$600 to rent a machine? I think he got ripped off there. Paid two friends? Even more money. I think he could have bought that amount of wood and skipped the work. Not to mention upcoming lawsuit, now he's going to find out that a tree is WAY more expensive once you knock it down than when it's standing. I also love the part about the tenant giving permission, lol. "Sure go ahead! It ain't mine, and birds just sit in it and crap on my car. I'd just as soon see it gone!"

His all in expense _before_ the legal ones hit was way more than he would have paid for the same amount of wood...but then when has a theif ever been smart?

Harry K

It says he asked the tenant, but did he know it was just a tenant and not the owner? The guy could have just been misled and thought he had legitimate permission. Knock on door, "Hey, you want that old big tree gonna fall and squish the house"? "Nope, go ahead, cut it"

something like that.

OK...Mr Piwowarczyk..What's your AS user name :hmm3grin2orange:
Stupid people....
There was a thread on here last week....HaY Look at this big maple i just scored Will my my Farmboss with 16"b&c take her down or should i buy a Husky 460 with 36"Blade?:hmm3grin2orange:

OK...Mr Piwowarczyk..What's your AS user name :hmm3grin2orange:
Stupid people....
There was a thread on here last week....HaY Look at this big maple i just scored Will my my Farmboss with 16"b&c take her down or should i buy a Husky 460 with 36"Blade?:hmm3grin2orange:

That was probably him! :msp_w00t:

"The tree was cut on Memorial Day, when most of the tenants and the property owner were away. Neighbors told police that the crew removing the tree appeared drunk and careless."

Sounds like a hell of away to spend the holiday weekend:cheers:

Latest posts

Back