Adjusting the oiler on a 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 361 oiler problem is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :bang: :angry:

Even with the oil adjustment turned all the way up, I still only use a few tablespoons of oil per tank of premix. :sucks:

How difficult a job is it to R&R the oiler on a 361? My dealer said that even though I'm just a happy homeowner, the warranty on my 361 is only 90 days as opposed to a year on my old 310. He said if I have a problem, he'd go to bat for me with Stihl, but if they refuse, how bad a job is replacing the oiler? Are any special tools or techniques needed? I would prefer to do it myself if it's not too bad a job, just so I can learn a little more about how my saw is put together.

Thanks again,

Jeff

The warranty on the 361 is 1 year... for home or "non-professional use". Your dealer is confused. And... if your dealer just took it al to pieces and made it work, surely he has to warrent his work!

It's an easy thing to do but you do need to get the clutch etc off. Get a service manual and all will be clear.

Latest posts

Back