Aggressive Chain For CS3510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigiron

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Dose anyone make a replacement .050/3/8 chain that will fit the Echo CS 3510. I plan to buy one of these saws but would a more aggressive chain than the OEM.

Dose anyone make a replacement .050/3/8 chain that will fit the Echo CS 3510. I plan to buy one of these saws but would a more aggressive chain than the OEM.

The Oregon nano chain, you might need to get a 046 bar (or what it is) for it.
This is the standard on the Dolmar 32cc, it makes it cut better than my 45cc Husky.

Stihl PS and PS3 seem to be the fastest cutting 3/8 low profile 0.050 chains. They work great on my 36cc Echo.

Safety chain is junk. If you buy your Echo CS-3510 from a full-service outdoor power equipment shop (not a box store), they will put Oregon 91VXL non-safety chain on it.

Stihl PS and PS3 seem to be the fastest cutting 3/8 low profile 0.050 chains. They work great on my 36cc Echo.
These work really good. Carlton N1C chains cut good so do the Oregon 90vlx. The Carlton will keep it's edge better in dirty wood.

Do you really need 57 drive links? 56 works well on my 361p. Actually that bar seems to lay exactly over another that calls for 56 though Echo comes with and calls for 57.

Wonder if the guy in post 1 actually got an 3510?

The obselete 91vx is the same as the 91px but no bumper drive links. Shorter cutters hence narrower kerf than what you are suggesting. For 35cc not a bad choice in my estimation. Less usable lifespan.

Do you really need 57 drive links? 56 works well on my 361p. Actually that bar seems to lay exactly over another that calls for 56 though Echo comes with and calls for 57.
I just went with what the chart called for. I've seen guys say 56 on here but I put on what the chart called for and it works fine so I'm happy. I have two chains I alternate between and keep them sharp, it's pretty impressive what that little saw will do with this chain. I find myself using it more and more for things I normally would have grabbed my Stihl MS462 for.

I ended up buying CS352 (one model up-size) after using my neighbor's 3510. Both are -nearly- the exact same saw except some are fitted with a different bar length (18" vs 16") and a couple of changes in cc and carb.. The lightweight, and the little Echo's super performance for it's price range convinced me !.
I bought a 57DL yellow tagged chain from my Stihl dealer to use on the -new- saw, and put the -new- Oregon chain from the -new- saw onto the eBay salvage saw that I resurrected & labeled "borrow"saw.
The Oregon chain cuts pretty well, but as others have said, is prone to chatter. The Stihl chain performs -terrific-, and besides not exhibiting that annoying chatter, doesn't stretch (need adjustment) anywhere near as much.

Safety chain is junk. If you buy your Echo CS-3510 from a full-service outdoor power equipment shop (not a box store), they will put Oregon 91VXL non-safety chain on it.
Does the cs 3510 use a Rim drive or Spur?
Today I used several saws and was cleaning them when I thought about changing the cs352 from a Spur to Rim. I'm wondering if the clutches are the same size.

CS-3510 uses a spur sprocket.
Thanks. I've not seen a cs 3510 but like the cs352. Last night I put a 14 inch bar n chain on mine down from 18. Got some limbs. I sure don't like Spur sprockets. First thing I did on my Sthil 029 was mm mod, change spur to 3/8 rim. Woke that saw up. It's 54 cc (i think) but cuts like a bigger saw. No comparison to the 50cc 026. Have a great day.

Latest posts

Back