Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can almost guarantee these saws were sold buy a insurance Company

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Which begs the question; what does Stihl USA do with their returns/refurbs and are they ever cleared out on Ebay?

Which begs the question; what does Stihl USA do with their returns/refurbs and are they ever cleared out on Ebay?
Stihl dont buy back anything... I was a stihl dealer for a long time.. trust me they dont buy back nothing once they get paid it's yours.......

What do you tdd think happens to all those cars at dealerships and product in stores that get hit buy floods hurricanes tornados .. you think ace or Walmart or any store affected just walks in and breaks out the dawn dish liquid and a rag spit polishes the dirt off and poof for sale again .... nope you hear it all the time this natural disaster caused 100's of billions in damage.. wow those houses are expensive everyone forgets all the retail wholesale stuff cause at that time who cares about it .. my wife is a broker and has her insurance brokerage as well I use to love it when we lived in Florida going to those silent auctions buying stuff from everywhere in lots but be cautious buy stuff with expectation and most time it is disclosed where and why the item came from hell my zo6 vette was under water for over three weeks since I bought it I knew a complete rebuild of electrical was going to be something in future took three years before it showed its face and the problems began to rise at that point I bought complete wire harness and all electric control units as they failed I r&r

Stihl dont buy back anything... I was a stihl dealer for a long time.. trust me they dont buy back nothing once they get paid it's yours.......

Thanks. With many hundreds of JReds being sold on Ebay, does this just mean they have a different policy for warranty work - they pay a set insurance fee and it then becomes the insurers problem and the dealer just replaces the saw?

Or are these JReds from a flooding event or the like rather than returns from dealers?
Or are the JReds only in store on consignment and thus remain the property of the distributor until the dealers sells it.

In other words, what gives rise to these hundreds of saws flooding through Ebay that doesn't seem to happen with some other major brands? What are the differences in the way they are are distributed/retailed/warranted?

Thanks. With many hundreds of JReds being sold on Ebay, does this just mean they have a different policy for warranty work - they pay a set insurance fee and it then becomes the insurers problem and the dealer just replaces the saw?

Or are these JReds from a flooding event or the like rather than returns from dealers?
Or are the JReds only in store on consignment and thus remain the property of the distributor until the dealers sells it.

In other words, what gives rise to these hundreds of saws flooding through Ebay that doesn't seem to happen with some other major brands? What are the differences in the way they are are distributed/retailed/warranted?
There are no more Jonsered saws being sold in the US. They changed the name to Redmax and they liquidated the old stock

There are no more Jonsered saws being sold in the US. They changed the name to Redmax and they liquidated the old stock
Thanks but I'm cornfused. They liquidated the stock to an insurer? Why does the fact the stock is liquidated necessitate the need to stamp it with an R?

My money is still on ex-TSC saws, with poor handling along the way.
You are very much so on point there it is something to do with something all I know is I went in and bought all I did with that in mind for that price also jred was offering a 150$ rebate on saws sold to seller or buyer depending on way they market it I got a brochure for it month ago I could sell for less and recoup in 150$ rebate per sale as long as I sold under suc h price if I could remember or offer to customer if they payed full retail

Thanks but I'm cornfused. They liquidated the stock to an insurer? Why does the fact the stock is liquidated necessitate the need to stamp it with an R?
I have no idea about any insurer.
They're liquidating them at wholesale, so they don't want to warranty them. By marking tbem with an R, they know they were sold as returns so no warranty

I have no idea about any insurer.
They're liquidating them at wholesale, so they don't want to warranty them. By marking tbem with an R, they know they were sold as returns so no warranty
Am not trying to be difficult but if they liquidated stock, how are they "returns"? If they are simply a warehouse full of returns they liquidated it brings me back to the recent question why they handle saws that way when we don't see other major brands doing the same? If it is stock, why would a redmax dealer or anyone dealing any products the parent company sells, trust them to not do the same thing at any stage in the future?

Am not trying to be difficult but if they liquidated stock, how are they "returns"? If they are simply a warehouse full of returns they liquidated it brings me back to the recent question why they handle saws that way when we don't see other major brands doing the same? If it is stock, why would a redmax dealer or anyone dealing any products the parent company sells, trust them to not do the same thing at any stage in the future?
Only a few that were sold were returns, as evidenced by the sawdust and and marks on the bar pads. Guessing the jred dealer put them back in the boxes to be sent to someone to refurb them, but that didnt happen.
Most of them are new, but lost some value with the R on the bottom.

No idea on what the dealers think. I doubt they care. Husky would've bought them back from them I'd imagine, and then filled their store with the new brand

Only a few that were sold were returns, as evidenced by the sawdust and and marks on the bar pads. Guessing the jred dealer put them back in the boxes to be sent to someone to refurb them, but that didnt happen.
Most of them are new, but lost some value with the R on the bottom.

No idea on what the dealers think. I doubt they care. Husky would've bought them back from them I'd imagine, and then filled their store with the new brand
Thanks. So not all all the saws that ebayer is selling are marked "R", and they or the original JRed distributor chose (I don't believe for a second it wasn't deliberate) not to differentiate between the two when on-selling, and when husky decide to quite a brand, they just flick or allow distributors to leak the saws into channels that flick the saws off through Ebay at considerable discounts to what dealers of other husky brands are retailing the other saws at?

I guess Makita did this with Dolmar so maybe it's just the way it is.

Thanks. So not all all the saws that ebayer is selling are marked "R", and they or the original JRed distributor chose (I don't believe for a second it wasn't deliberate) not to differentiate between the two when on-selling, and when husky decide to quite a brand, they just flick or allow distributors to leak the saws into channels that flick the saws off through Ebay at considerable discounts to what dealers of other husky brands are retailing the other saws at?

I guess Makita did this with Dolmar so maybe it's just the way it is.
I think they all have been marked with an R.

I believe the ebay seller just bought the whole motherload of these 50 and 70cc saws at a discounted rate and is now selling them off.

New, but marked with an R and sold into an alternative channel in the hundreds of units approaching thousands of units. How does this not adversely impact the bottom lines of dealers selling other husky saws? Are they allowed to mark a husky or redmax with an R, flick it off for less, tell the customer it's not warranteed the normal period, and pay husky the discounted rate for the saw?

Dodgy with a capital D.

My money is still on ex-TSC saws, with poor handling along the way.

My guess 98.9% almost sure too. Except for .01%+/- these are all new saws except for very few instore returns or got damaged in the store. They disappear off shelves in TSC overnight and all went to a big warehouse in Atlanta. They are just about half price for just a different color saw than a Husqvarnia. IF anybody wants a deal on a saw this is it. For $249 on a CS2255 is a steal as you can't go to the grocery store once for this. Yes it will put a hurt-en on Husky dealers in the short run and if they keep selling them for the long term. Everybody talks about those Echo 590 59cc saws a deal....this is the deal....and also a better saw.

Latest posts

Back