Always check overhead. Even when hand splitting firewood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where we were growing up the neighbor man cut and split firewood. Being the nosy, annoying kids we were, hanging around watching was our amusement. The old boy talked to the rounds as he split.

His maul had seen better days... the head flew off the handle during a swing and bounced off my chest. I wasn't hurt but he sure was scared at first. :eek:

Are we

Now, the last couple times I've used this new spot this year I've backed the lawn mower and trailer in on the right.

Today I backed by pickup with a load from the left, which put me on the right side for splitting.

Lots of knots, first piece asked the Fiskars if that's all it had.

I put everything I had into the next overhead swing at it.

My clothesline was overhead.

Was. :hmm3grin2orange:

Sucker hurt like heck when it wasn't sliced but instead snapped and smacked the back of my neck.

Dalmation, Are we related somehow? Thats my luck!!!!!

Never had any such experiences myself while splitting. Squished a thumb 3 days ago, and other such things, but nothing really dumb like hitting a clothesline. :clap::clap:

Most of my dumb stuff has been in other areas, but I don't seem to recall any of them at present.... :msp_rolleyes::msp_unsure:

Never had any such experiences myself while splitting. Squished a thumb 3 days ago, and other such things, but nothing really dumb like hitting a clothesline. :clap::clap:

Most of my dumb stuff has been in other areas, but I don't seem to recall any of them at present.... :msp_rolleyes::msp_unsure:

Just did a really dumb one today. It involves a circular saw, a small piece of wood, and my hand. Got lucky that only one tooth of the saw went into my hand before the wood stopped it. Could have been bad. :bang:

Latest posts

Back