ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Am I out of line on price?

AM_Jarhead

AM_Jarhead

ArboristSite Lurker
Hello everyone . I joined about 6 years ago but seldom post. I lurk the forums alot though and have gained alot of knowledge and even purchased an awesome 600p off of a member here. Anyways to the point I used to cut alot of wood for fun and to feed my wood burner and my grandfather's . He has since switched to fuel oil heat and I moved to a place with pellet stoves installed. I'm trying to sell a Stihl ms660 locally as I honostly have no use for it and would rather put the money torwards my gun collection. Its in good shape and runs great I purchased it through a reputable saw shop as an impulse buy when I went to purchase a top handle for trimming the small trees on my property lines. I listed it on Craigslist for 625 it's only been on there a few days of no interest but a couple locals through word of mouth heard I was selling it and when I told them the price they kind of scoffed at it. So I was just wondering what your guys opinions would be on it if I'm to high or out of line. I tried going off of what I've seen online. I'll attach some photos thanks alot guys and sorry for the long post . Stay safe and have a great weekend!

Attachments

• KIMG0743.JPG
    KIMG0743.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • KIMG0744.JPG
    KIMG0744.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • KIMG0745.JPG
    KIMG0745.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
  • KIMG0746.JPG
    KIMG0746.JPG
    850.5 KB · Views: 38
  • KIMG0747.JPG
    KIMG0747.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
LogSawyer74

LogSawyer74

ArboristSite Guru
In my opinion, that saw is absolutely worth $625. I've gotten where I hate selling anything on Ebay, but if you really want top $$, Ebay is the place. I would think it would go for $7-800+ on there easily... Keep in mind, Ebay will take 10% of the selling price, then there are Paypal fees (3% I think) also

AM_Jarhead

AM_Jarhead

ArboristSite Lurker
Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated. I'll stay on my price then. I sold a saw on eBay some years back and it was honestly a hastle at best between them and PayPal. I'm located in Ohio , if it doesn't get much attention I can just leave it on the shelf until another time it's not eating up much real estate. Thanks again guys for your help !