An easy day at last.Thanks Clearview Tree Service!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avalancher

Arboristsite Raconteur
Reaction score
I have been plagued by difficult wood hauling the past few weeks. Retarded homeowners, equipement failures in the woods, you name it.
But not yesterday! Trevor from Clearview Tree Service called me up and said he had a big oak coming down and wanted to know if I wanted it. You bet.
Headed over to the job and found a real nice oak already on the ground, cut into 4 ft lengths, and he even loaded it for me with his loader. Even with the BSing around for a bit I was out of there in an hour. My old dodge thought I had tied an elephant on the back on the way home, even had some second gear climbs up a few hills to get this load home. Roughly figuring, I think I got around a cord and half of some really nice oak.
Thanks again Trevor, yep I actually made it home in one piece!

Nice looking load of wood. Great score!!!!!!!!

On a side note, a buddy/co-worker of mine has roughly that same trailer. He's been loaning it to me so I can haul more wood on it when I sell the loads to him. A few years ago, he had a welder weld in extra uprights. Basically one new upright between the existing ones. He cracked a few at the bottom welds after putting two cars on the trailer at the same time. Really stiffened up the trailer and you don't have to run the 2x6s around the trailer to keep the wood from falling out under the rail.

Nice looking load of wood. Great score!!!!!!!!

On a side note, a buddy/co-worker of mine has roughly that same trailer. He's been loaning it to me so I can haul more wood on it when I sell the loads to him. A few years ago, he had a welder weld in extra uprights. Basically one new upright between the existing ones. He cracked a few at the bottom welds after putting two cars on the trailer at the same time. Really stiffened up the trailer and you don't have to run the 2x6s around the trailer to keep the wood from falling out under the rail.

I dont have much trouble with trailer flex, by biggest problem is pulling the dang thing. My Dakota has enough starch to get it going okay, its stopping the thing when fully loaded is the problem. This winter after hauling season is done that trailer is going in the shop for some retro fitting, including brakes!
Thanks for the tip though!appreciate it!

Think of it as a reward for not doing any of the things we suggested, or you thought of on your own, to that :censored: clown last week. Real nice wood you got there. Now if you could just get trevor to deliver it...

Think of it as a reward for not doing any of the things we suggested, or you thought of on your own, to that :censored: clown last week. Real nice wood you got there. Now if you could just get trevor to deliver it...

totally agree!!!!
About time you got something to go your way!!!

No problem on the wood ed. Glad you could make it out there. Got us outta there and on to the next job. Now if we could just put a roof rack on your dakota for those big 60" stump tops that wouldn't fit in the trailer.LOL Cya

Latest posts

Back