Annual thread...Who is burning wood now?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtie

Gearhead
Reaction score
Fired up my fireplace last night for the first time. Its way early, but it is cold for this time of year here. Temps in the 30's overnight, and 30's forecasted with snow this weekend, lows in the 20's.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( I apologize if this thread has been started this year already)

I've had it warmed up for a week now. 30's at night and 40's in the daytime but thats pretty normal for here. Weatherman said it'll get quite a bit cooler next week. Life in da U.P. I love it here! :D

Yup, night fires for the last couple of weeks, whenever I get home and basement temp has dropped into the 50's I light it up. It helps bring the box elder stacks down to size!

Night fires, mostly not cold "enough" but I really wanna learn this new stove sooooo.......

if the temps are near 40, i'll start one for the night for a couple of hours.

keeps the house warm for the morning.

if the temps are near 40, i'll start one for the night for a couple of hours.

keeps the house warm for the morning.

Yep. My propane backup furnace hasnt ran since February when we were gone for a day. Im gonna keep that streak alive as long as I can.

I love the smell of wood smoke!!! :biggrinbounce2:

About a week now. Just to take the chill off in the day, and a bit of Elm and Walnut at night as it's been down in the 40's.

Boxelder sucks... but it burns all day and will get a good fire going later on.
There is no bad wood.:biggrinbounce2:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I started the owb last weekend to make sure all is well after no use since april. We got so used to it taking "the chill off" this week I told the wife I'll keep it going. I'm burning junk wood & stuff I been collecting all summer.

tomorrow for me

I'm lighting the first fire of the year in the AM. A bit cold this time of year in Kansas. First time I'm racing my sailboat and burning wood at the same time of the year.

We've been burning on and off for the last couple of weeks here in upstate NY. Still have not had a real killing frost, the pepper plants are still alive in the garden. But its been in the 30's at night a few times and highs only around 50 a couple times.

I've burned most of the crap wood, willow of some kind, that I cleaned up this spring for a neighbor. Colder next week with a chance of some snow.

Tim

We had a fire in the stove about 2 weeks ago. The weather warmed up, but was cool and overcast today with rain in the morning. Low tomorrow morning should be about 30. I've got the stove ready to go for the morning!

Evening and night burns only! It has been in the mid 30's at night and days in the low 70's. Winter time here is mild, but at the high altitude that I live at. The nights can get pretty cold down into the low teens to sub zero when a good storm goes through. We have pretty bad freeze / thaw cycles up here! Concrete really takes a beating! LOL

Started a fire last Sunday, just as soon as I fixed the last of the leaks on my shaver install(I suck as a plumber). Just kept it going, been chilly at night. Not using much wood, so just cleaning up the crap stuff. I love that thing....Lanny

Been burning for almost two weeks now in the owb. Just the radiant heat from the h/x and the water heater have kept the house warm enough for me. I have only heard the furnace blower turn on a few times so I should do really well on this months electric bill. Last year I averaged $37 per month on my electric bill so I'm lookin forward to that!

Kyle

Latest posts

Back