Another 562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'll be a good buddy and let you have the 555 back for the weak 562:yoyo:

I know ya would good buddy. But I cant do that to a "good buddy" now can I? :laugh:

Shoot, that 555 is one bad little saw. You know dang good and well its gonna be close.....:msp_thumbup:

There's a difference in a little runtime. If it's not close it will be next time. :msp_thumbup:

No worries man. I know 4 fact the 555 is awesome. I cant wait to run the 562xp.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Hey Mac did the 555 wake up a lot since its first tank until now. I have a little over a tank through mine now, seems to be waking up little by little, still kind of groggy if you know what I mean.

What I'd like to see is a 555 with the transfer covers off a 562 go head to head with a 562. With the slightly lower base compression of the 555 crankcase, the 555 would tend to have a broader powerband than the 562. Throw in a couple more of degrees of blowdown to lift the cutting speed and a modified 555 would have very broad powerband could out perform the 562 for general woodcutting.

Hey Mac did the 555 wake up a lot since its first tank until now. I have a little over a tank through mine now, seems to be waking up little by little, still kind of groggy if you know what I mean.

You'll have to ask mdavlee. He owns her now.

Sorry Mac I meant mdavlee, maybe he will answer thanks.

Im sorry, I wanted to go ahead and answer but i just cant remember what Mike said. At any rate he hits the sack pretty early. may be in the am before ya hear from him again. Glad you are likin your 555.

It has come around quite a bit since the first couple tanks. It has 2 tanks since the muffler mod. I would like to mod the covers some but I don't think they're thick enough to get 562 sized pockets.

What I had to do on the 450 was to drill out the backs of the covers. Then I used some GB Weld and fibreglass cloth to build up the outside. I was able to increase the depth to the extra 21.5% that I needed, I doubt that the 555 needs that much work.

I would be interesting to see a 555 and 562 cover side by side in order to see how much deeper the 562 cover is.

Here you go terry. 562 on the left 555 on the right.

attachment.php

Sgrizz the 555 is small mount and there's not a techlite for it that i've heard of. If there is I want one.;)

The 555 and 562 probably make most of us forget the 346 ever existed. :msp_tongue:

I got mine with a 3/8 .050 bar and thought it was the large mount ? How can i tell which it is ? I am use to stihl bars so i am lost on this one and i can call the guy who sold it to me but i figure i ask here first . I dont have the bar number in front of me , i will have to get it after work. Please school me on this one . thanks .:msp_unsure:

I've heard that Husky's specs are off, but they must be really off. The 562 is listed at 12.5 and the 372 at 13.4.

The 562 is listed at 12.8 lbs in Europe, - and the 372s sold in the US have the HD filter/cover, that is not included in the spec weigh (dawgs are never included).

Some Husky weight specs are more or less off, others are not - like with all other brands.....:msp_rolleyes:

K095 is the small mount like the 346. D009 is the husky large mount.

Latest posts

Back