Another Craftsman 3.7 thread...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes my old bar is a 774J 18...Pitch is.325 and gauge is .050 and chain with 74 links.
I guess from what I was told by OREGON is the many Oregon mounts do not accommodate the oil holes correctly.
A 8mm bar mount is correct but the oil hole positioning could be incorrect as I was told. Truthfully I am not sure.
If you get the chance in the future to get that Part number that would be great. I am in no rush. In the mean time
I will compare the 774J bar with Oregon 8mm mounts to see the difference. I have downloaded the catalog for them and I believe they are true to scale
with the pics of the mounts. Your saw obviously has a Oregon combo on it so I am sure that it gets oiled correctly. :)

Thank you for your time. Appreciate it. I had more fun tearing this saw apart to pieces in order to get it running..But this Bar and chain issue is frustrating..

Best
Joe

Yes my old bar is a 774J 18...Pitch is.325 and gauge is .050 and chain with 74 links.
I guess from what I was told by OREGON is the many Oregon mounts do not accommodate the oil holes correctly.
A 8mm bar mount is correct but the oil hole positioning could be incorrect as I was told. Truthfully I am not sure.
If you get the chance in the future to get that Part number that would be great. I am in no rush. In the mean time
I will compare the 774J bar with Oregon 8mm mounts to see the difference. I have downloaded the catalog for them and I believe they are true to scale
with the pics of the mounts. Your saw obviously has a Oregon combo on it so I am sure that it gets oiled correctly. :)

Thank you for your time. Appreciate it. I had more fun tearing this saw apart to pieces in order to get it running..But this Bar and chain issue is frustrating..

Best
Joe
The bar on this saw is a "banana" style tip bar, so it's non-flippable. The hole alignment looks spot on to me. Probably not a good pic but I put a stick in line with the output oil hole and just to the right of the stick you can see the hole in the bar to receive the oil.

The second pic shows the top hole for receiving the oil and the bottom hole for adjusting tension. This saw/bar setup had no trouble oiling the chain. If you have this bar and chain combo, I would save my dollars and use it.

hole alignment.jpghole alignment 2.jpg

The bar on this saw is a "banana" style tip bar, so it's non-flippable. The hole alignment looks spot on to me. Probably not a good pic but I put a stick in line with the output oil hole and just to the right of the stick you can see the hole in the bar to receive the oil.

The second pic shows the top hole for receiving the oil and the bottom hole for adjusting tension. This saw/bar setup had no trouble oiling the chain. If you have this bar and chain combo, I would save my dollars and use it.
Yes I have the same exact bar but it is damaged. Chain guide is in really bad shape for some reason so that is why I would like to replace it.
I will look into the K041 or K095 mount, Thank you

Thank you .. I ended up converting to 3/8 Pitch. Went with a D176 bar. That clutch was a bear to get off. But help from some of your older posts and Scott helped me. Thanks again.

Back