Another Crazy Hedge Score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got an opportunity to get back out to my "Hedge Friend", who still thinks it's Black Locust...:msp_wink:

My biggest rush was finally running this Poulan Pro 5020 w/20" bar with this new Stihl RSC cHAIN...UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE:clap:!
I am done son!

Whew...this chain chewed through this Hedge like it was plywood or so much paper confetti...well over a truckload and cutting into some 20-24 inch wood...it kep churning and burning...and I never touched up the chain at all!

I cut most stuff into 14-16 inch's long...and broke out the splitting axe and maul...and other than say 40-50 knots...it busted up real fine!

Thanks to you guys for the advice about this Stihl RSC Chain...I got a guy to make me up a loop down in Rogersville, AL for about $21.00...he was the most knowledgeable and respectful guy...I've spoken with outside this site...HELL I wanted to buy more stuff from em!!
I'll be sending him some customers for sure!

Also went ahead an ordered off "freakbay" a 16" Oregon Power Match Bar and Chain Combo 3/8" Pitch(160RNDK095/72LGX060) The little guy @ the Stihl shop says that Poulan has some fine print on their saws saying that they're only rated for "50 hrs" usage max...then they turn to a pumpkin...he was as serious as a shot bear....IS THIS TRUE...ANYBODY HEARD IT BEFORE????:msp_scared:

What ever...he also bragged about his Pa cutting up a pack of coyotes with a Stihl 090 after they kinda "bum rushed" him out in the thickets, unannounced and with sorta carnivorous intentions so to speak...said he used the hide and bones fer kindling and so forth...cleaned out his air filter and kept on burying that monster bar in hickory!:rolleyes2::ices_rofl::chatter:

This saw is doing great...sure does drink a heap more bar oil...than fuel...but that's ok wit me.

Here a few pic...other than this big ole shadowy burly feller they come out fair.:hmm3grin2orange:
Have a safe & profitable weekend guys.

Thanks,
Reg

View attachment 267532
View attachment 267533
View attachment 267535

Sounds like you got it goin'. Cut down on the coffee, your pics will come out a lot clearer. :hmm3grin2orange:

The Stihl guy's all crossed up on the 50 hr stuff. That's the run time the mfg certifies emission compliance.

Only has bureaucratic significance, nothing to do with the spin he's putting on it. Full of schlitz, as they say.

2-yr warranty- make it sing, and enjoy it.

Hahahah...yep kinda what I figured...anybody boasting about their father dismembering coyotes via chainsaw kinda raises my ole eyebrows anyhow!:hmm3grin2orange:

Other than the paisley pants...he was pretty kool!:hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks
The Stihl guy's all crossed up on the 50 hr stuff. That's the run time the mfg certifies emission compliance.

Only has bureaucratic significance, nothing to do with the spin he's putting on it. Full of schlitz, as they say.

2-yr warranty- make it sing, and enjoy it.

Back