Another eBay shafting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. A lot of people here both buy and sell on ebay and it isn't always the sellers that are jerks. Having a way to get the info out here would protect us all but this weird telling of half stories is pretty annoying.

Seller is from Maine like he said.

Buyer is from CT like he is.

Searched every jred 670 and 670 champ sold on ebay in the last 30 days.
This is the only BIN jred 670 sold with Maine and CT people doing the business.
Has the rating he stated too. Same money paid for the buy it now price he said too. Add it up what do you get.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jonsered-670-ch...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110101780875

I could even show you where the buyers user name on ebay was the same as the one used here at one time on ebay too. But that shouldn't be needed. I'd say. :help:
But since the truth is varying here.

bahmi9 Jan-18-07 Present

mljanket8pml Feb-05-04 Jan-18-07

********@yahoo.com Feb-24-00 Feb-05-04

Inquired about 670 and parts

I emailed him and asked if he had any more 670's or parts and this is the responce I received.

Hi Steve, I have one more 670 thats in excellaNT condition and also some part saws. What are you looking for, if you would please email me at ............., let me know I will send you soem pictures. Thanks Kevin

I PM'd his email to you.

well what I am getting out of it is the saw is on its way, just not gonna be there till the end of the week. Its too early to say otherwise imo.:biggrinbounce2:

I could even show you where the buyers user name on ebay was the same as the one used here at one time on ebay too. But that shouldn't be needed. I'd say. :help:
But since the truth is varying here.

bahmi9 Jan-18-07 Present

mljanket8pml Feb-05-04 Jan-18-07

********@yahoo.com Feb-24-00 Feb-05-04

Makes you wonder about all the misinformation that was dished out on this thread. Come in whining for help and send everyone on a wild goose chase. :taped:

Makes you wonder about all the misinformation that was dished out on this thread. Come in whining for help and send everyone on a wild goose chase. :taped:

oh yes, I got one more thing out or it. Add bahmi9 to my blocked bidder list;)

Oh and BTW, thinly veiled racism isn't really much different from regular racism.

I don't know msjanket personally, but he just told us that he WAS NOT racist.

Right??

And I choose to believe him. He must have known someone might jump on him and ACCUSE him without knowing him.

After all that is what we learn from the media and all this pc crap.

So he was right, you actually accuse him of "thinly veiled racism"

I say that aint to cool bub!

I did not have a fruitful discussion with the Paypal rep yesterday. I'm not a racist but the lady has a lack of familiarity with the English language and it was durn near impossible to understand what she was saying and what her inflections really meant. Personally, eBay leaves tons to be desired and so does Paypal.

The only thing I see here is what many have been through...

An american company outsourcing customer service, of all things, to a foreign country.

Heck he didnt even state what country or what "accent" was hard to hear.

No use of racial slurs or stereotypes!

I say we all need to be reasonable and try not accuse someone of somthing before we know what the heck is the truth.

Just what I see in this and all to often in the media.
Beside can the guy have an opinion or what?
Only you can?

I have noticed alot of that here lately. and then the guys here feed on it like sharks to blood.
But one thing I have learned in my job, there is always 2 sides of a story.
Seems we have been lied to enough here and in the past feeding frenzy's. To warrent looking into it first, before stabbing the sellers to death.
I was even burnt once by a saw off ebay, but i learned how to rebuild it right here on this site from the info given to me, by the good people with the know. :rock:

Like you need any rep points Trimmed but I left it for you for the good post.

Last edited:
I don't know msjanket personally, but he just told us that he WAS NOT racist.

Right??

And I choose to believe him. He must have known someone might jump on him and ACCUSE him without knowing him.

After all that is what we learn from the media and all this pc crap.

So he was right, you actually accuse him of "thinly veiled racism"

I say that aint to cool bub!

OK. So when he complains about someone's inability to understand English and he can't spell "punitive" I'm supposed to take his word for it when he claims he's 'not racist'. Read his posts. Everyone he refers is somehow bad or evil. Well, except him of course. Ebay is a big pool so complaining that the water is cold AFTER you've jumped is a you problem.

Well,there ya go,Paypal .If you use a US postal money order and get defrauded,it's called mail fraud,a felony.If they insist on Pay pal,find another seller,there are many.

I've had to remind a few people of this fact of mail fraud .They always seem to see it my way after this startteling revelation.

Interst9ng and not sure what to make of it all ive been shfted once by a Ebay buyer . ill never accpet a monet order again as alot od pople can and do make al out false ones easy with a pc and the right paper .
Youget stuck casing a bad check deal with law enforcent and have to get a lawyer ules except with credit cards you are not resposible or credit cardfraud .
therare croks out ther Ebay isa reas0nbly safe palce for them untill ebay decides to havea phone contact and use the internet to track down the fraud .
it is very easy fora good compiter type to spoof nearly anything .

Ihave no idea who is right or wrong . her . it is getting confusing ut if y s a person did lok up the item and see forsale again obviolsly something isnot riht I would not think of chainsaws a uhnless the guy hasa Jonsred and takessoem phots puts em up gets bidsthen bsondes with funds sets up a new acoput sel the same thinfg over again .

Try contacting Ebay it takes a whielas they decided not othave phone contct .
on the typing stuff I make typos alot .I try not to but havea injury . so it is hard .

but if I am selling on Ebay I spend a good amount of time making it look good

Instead look for how they useenglis .
a and nver sell to some one who insists on paying witha money order or says they cannot usea credit card ect thyare porbably a fraud .

any opne with a bank acoutn cnaset up a pay pal account . It i pay pal is not perfect butsafer than money orders . sadly alot odscamnersaremaking hem outdated . but then debit cardsand secured credit cards are replacing them

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jonsered-670-ch...ryZ20538QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe the guy lives alone in a small cabin or his van for that matter with no phone and it's the only way he can sell on ebay.His feedback looks good.6days? Be a little more patient.
I've bought and sold for over 6 years on ebay and I don't see any red flags yet.
Paranoid maybe?

It would be really difficult to live in trialer not havea Credit card debit card or back acount and sell on ebay unless some one was selling for you .

best bet is tobecarefle but you can neverbesure . Like I posted ealier Imahaving truoble witha buyer . i tell him no ido not accept mney order . as theyare easy to fraud and if yo ucash that chck and it bounced you intruble too.
thi is how the scam works you sell someth9ngand get a money order it is a fake printed out on a PC you cash it only ther is ot any money ther now tyouve just cashed a op ordeposited a bad check . a felony
one way around it a tell the teller what you ar doing . and a alos do not shipo the item untill the check clears .Now if it does not you have some legal protection oneyou solda item in good faith and got shafted . no recoursewitha fac ke check froma fakeadress any onecan set up a PO box
just go to a UPS store and ya got one . I nver ship toa PO box alwaysahose i also check to erify byasking the buyeer to give mea home phone # and time otcall.
Ihave had a saw takeovera week to go from BD to zcoloraod or New hampshire . soit takes tm . iship UPS primarily they can track it and do agood job have live service .
so if itthe wrongaddresc yo uwill now Icn imgine some gettngachainsaw some afternoon andwonderingwhy . they cqll UPS and they taske itback .and ship it back to you . . ther is nota 100 %fool proofway to avoid crooks . theybar every wherandyes hardedn crimal do use Ebay as they do nto have enough safty nets .
hey do need live service and a fastrer respnse otpobelsmalso they needto vigoruwly goafer those who makea fake email or such . it is noithard to do yo ushould see s0em of the compouterguysat the local univieristy what thycan do . I amn goingbck part time next fall so Ican teach this old 40 somthing justcant kep up with all th harcwork and aftwr my injury it is not the same .
goodluck

Well actually sports fan,a very similar situation arose in another portion of the internet ,on a similar type foum that I'm not permitted to mention.That aside,as it turned out the seller was not the one at fault but rather the buyer in his hastiness.

It appears that this type stuff may be in fact a new type of activety arrising on the internet.Time will tell,I suppose.

Oh,I might add,very good internet detective work there Cut 4.I'll buy you a brew or three the next time we meet.:givebeer:

Well msjanket was here, guess he didn't want to explain all the tongue twisted lies going on in the thread.

msjanket Last Activity: 21st 03:17 PM
Last Activity: 21st 08:18 PM
Last Activity: Today 22nd 12:04 PM

The seller has several saws that shows being sold through March 20th and has sold 11 items in the last 15 days if you look at his ended auction items.
I think someone is just being impatient on the shipping and hopefully all will work out for both parties.

Al click on your user CP (top left of page) and check what I ask you in the rep left for you.

Last edited:
well feedback number three from the top should confirm your suspicions.

I FEEL ROBBED. GOOD BUY. THANKS A++++:D :D

Last edited:
Cut4 =

holmes1.jpg

:hmm3grin2orange:

I have noticed alot of that here lately. and then the guys here feed on it like sharks to blood.
But one thing I have learned in my job, there is always 2 sides of a story.
Seems we have been lied to enough here and in the past feeding frenzy's. To warrent looking into it first, before stabbing the sellers to death.
I was even burnt once by a saw off ebay, but i learned how to rebuild it right here on this site from the info given to me, by the good people with the know. :rock:

Right on, Cut4fun. Rep. points given. At least, I tried.

How about we give this some time and see if the saw arrives? Lets let the smell of blood die down and get back to giving good advice to those who need it, or even continue insisting that the 361 is the best saw in the world. Were mistakes made, probably. But, we can either let people learn from them or trash them into oblivion.

Sometimes, on this site, it seems to end up being the latter.

If we were all sitting down and talking, person to person, a great deal of the junk that gets posted(the angry and mean posts) wouldn't be said. There would be lots of BS, I am sure, but it wouldn't get so nasty. Lets face it, there is an allure to being able to say anything(following the forum rules, of course) that we want on this forum without getting your butt kicked for saying it whether it is true or not.

Maybe it is just me, maybe spring fever, but when things get mean here, they get mean faster than they used to. I love it here, but it can get kind of irritating.

Last edited:
Back