Another fun day at the shop, shops share your stories..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fun day it will indeed be at the shop today, and there will be no work getting done.

Soup and Chili lunch for the landscapers today to look at the next-gen Exmark Lazers and break this Feb boredom. A festive mood will prevail.

Both Restrooms are ready with ingenious signs. One says "master service technician at work", and the other says "Danger: Grenade Range". (Actually "aquired" several years ago from the grenade range at West Point).

Wish you were here....................:cheers:

Are ya saying watch out for explosions in the bathroom,LOL

I had a good visitor yesterday. 2000ss came by here toting a modified MS460.
He let me test drive it in the log, man that thing rips. He said TreeSlinger did the work on it and man it will haul buggy for sure. TreeSlinger done a great job on this saw, it looks completely stock and sounds almost stock but boy it hauls buggy in the cut,wowowow. The only thing I found odd about was the way it smelled. 2000 had put a few air fresherners on it to keep from smelling up his car. The saw smelt like a rose, sweetest smelling saw I ever held in my hands,LOLOLOL

Are ya saying watch out for explosions in the bathroom,LOL

I had a good visitor yesterday. 2000ss came by here toting a modified MS460.
He let me test drive it in the log, man that thing rips. He said TreeSlinger did the work on it and man it will haul buggy for sure. TreeSlinger done a great job on this saw, it looks completely stock and sounds almost stock but boy it hauls buggy in the cut,wowowow. The only thing I found odd about was the way it smelled. 2000 had put a few air fresherners on it to keep from smelling up his car. The saw smelt like a rose, sweetest smelling saw I ever held in my hands,LOLOLOL

So, how did it go in the SHED?????? Is he still walking kinda funny.

So, how did it go in the SHED?????? Is he still walking kinda funny.

He did ok, he survived the shed just fine. Now today at the shop his luck ran out. He left outta here 1000.00 less in his pocket than when he walked in. Good customer that man is,:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

He did ok, he survived the shed just fine. Now today at the shop his luck ran out. He left outta here 1000.00 less in his pocket than when he walked in. Good customer that man is,:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

You did pretty good, sold him a $400 saw and charged $600 for a "look" in the shed... man's going to need a cushion on the car seat for a while... :D

You did pretty good, sold him a $400 saw and charged $600 for a "look" in the shed... man's going to need a cushion on the car seat for a while... :D

LOL, naaaaaaaaaa. He took home a new MS181, a new MS211 and a new FS100 trimmer along with a bunch of other odds and in's, he was spending some money.

He also tried out my 441, Da Prince, today to see if it was the dog some have called those saws. He made a few cuts with it and went WOW, this thing cuts. He's ready now to take on the naysayers, should be fun,hehehe

Odds and in's? ODDS AND IN'S????

You keep talking like that and we're going to take the English language away from you. :buttkick:

Why ya say that, INS and ENDS, kind like R not or R knot, or ARE Not. Aint you got sumthin better to do like wipe that backy juice off ya shoes, yeah thats Beachnut, sticky aint it,LOLOL

Why ya say that, INS and ENDS, kind like R not or R knot, or ARE Not. Aint you got sumthin better to do like wipe that backy juice off ya shoes, yeah thats Beachnut, sticky aint it,LOLOL

Beachnut? Here I had you pegged for a redneck with taste...Levi or good ole plume plug...

Trivia from a Saw Shop

Here's one from today. I was in the other shop in Chehalis. I said I needed a couple boxes of those Pfthhhh files. The guy knew immediately and said, oh, the horsie files. He then explained that the people who do not speak english well, who are on the thinning crews, call the files, The Horsie Kind because there is a picture of a horse on the box.

Today I was in the Home Depot on the chainsaw isle, not really checking anything out, just browsing... When a guy had found an employee and was headed for the chainsaws. Well... It goes something like this.

customer: My brother got a Poulan from here last year and he likes it. I was looking for the same.
HD emply: We don't sell the Poulan's anymore, they were coming back in way too much. Not a good quality saw. We now have the Homelites and Echos. They are much better saws than any Poulan we had.
customer: Where can I get a Poulan from?
HD emply: Not sure. Try Lowe's across the street.

I wanted to spit out the word Stihl so bad... You know, point the customer in the right direction. I noticed as I was leaving the customer was in a hurry to get across the street to Lowe's. He was really in a hurry. Must have had a tree fall down in his yard or something. I usually don't judge people much, but he didn't look like he needed a chainsaw. Left me wondering if I should have taken time to see if he needed help or something. Oh well, good luck to him.

my wife works at home disaster, ever time a customer comes in to look at saws, she always whispers to them, do not buy them here. go get a stihl or a good quality husky from a saw dealership .

Latest posts

Back