Another happy tsc splitter owner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here you go John its made out of 1/2 round i mounted it using the stock tapped holes in the beam. i added two supports going down to the bottom rail but check clearance with the tire in vert. mode. i am going to build one for the other side but not as wide to catch splits. yanmar red tractor paint matches perfect. hope this helps. if you want more pics let me know.

Last edited:
On another message board, there was a suggestion to use a TSC charge account (do they offer this?) to purchase and then use the $150 gift card to pay part of your charge bill - brings purchase price down to $849. I don't know if this would work (using a gift card to pay down a charged amount) but maybe someone can check it out.

Shari

I just bought one tonite and was told that you cant use the gift card to pay on your balance.

tsc/speeco log splittin table

I built a splittin table the other day on my 35 ton for real cheap. I took two 3/8 i beam clamps, an old bed rail for angle iron, and 2x4's and some plywood and i have a 30" X 18" table and the best part is it protects my hydr oil filter and my fender from falling logs. the beam clamps have a 3/8" bolt hole in the top and i bolted the 2x4's through the angle to the beam clamp. It is alot sturdier than you might think you can really torque down those i beam clamps. The i beam clamps come with a clamp bolt that has four flat sides to wrench down. I drilled them out to 3/16 and hammered in some 3/16" roll pins for little "t" handles so i can remove them on the fly. I am going to build the other one this weekend and i ll try and add some pics of it. i added a pic of the beam clamps if you have never seen one.

here you go John its made out of 1/2 round i mounted it using the stock tapped holes in the beam. i added two supports going down to the bottom rail but check clearance with the tire in vert. mode. i am going to build one for the other side but not as wide to catch splits. yanmar red tractor paint matches perfect. hope this helps. if you want more pics let me know.

Thanks, this gives me some good ideas on building something.

another homemade table

Here's a picture of mine I built a few years ago and still working today. My splitter came with no pre-drilled holes. I know speeco is now selling tables for these splitters.
attachment.php

In my dreams I am really, really considering the TSC 22Ton splitter but I am concerned about starting it.

If I bought this 22Ton and had a hard time starting it that would be a deal killer for me (bad shoulders, short old lady, etc.).

Here's a 'dummy' question: Could an electric start be added to the TSC 22Ton? Be kind: Consider this a total 'dummy question', please.

Shari

not 100% sure but I would bet you could.

See if you could get the motor model# and call a local small engine shop,they will have the answer.

Here's a picture of mine I built a few years ago and still working today.

Looks nice! :clap:

I know speeco is now selling tables for these splitters.

I've seen the Speeco table at my local TSC. I'm not really impressed by it. It's okay, I guess, but not what I want.

One of these days I'll build my own. Got other projects in line ahead of that, though.

In my dreams I am really, really considering the TSC 22Ton splitter but I am concerned about starting it.

If I bought this 22Ton and had a hard time starting it that would be a deal killer for me (bad shoulders, short old lady, etc.).

Shari, the #1 thing you should do from day one is to put synthetic oil in the engine, and synthetic fluid in the hydraulics. It will cost a bit more, but that thing will turn over a WHALE of a lot easier.

Dunno about the electric start. Why not ask Speeco if it's an option you can order?

Here's a 'dummy' question: Could an electric start be added to the TSC 22Ton? Be kind: Consider this a total 'dummy question', please.

Shari

No electric start, there are no teeth on the flywheel, they do have a model with a Honda engine and there supposed to start easer.

There was a guy on this site that bought the 35 ton,took it to a small engine place and they put a flywheel/starter on it.I'll bet it could be done to that one.

Shari

The salespersons at the TSC stores nearby allowed me to start the splitters to get a feel for what the pull is like.

Thanks for the replies re: electric start. I guess we will have to continue thinking about this. We dropped a ton of $$ this year on 'needed' stuff and still have all those medical bills coming in. If wishes were dollars... Oh well, on the bright side, I do like my Didier for all the 'normal' sized wood.

Shari

You can put a pulley in place of the pull rope and use a belt to a starter/generator. Thats how my old tractor works.

I built a splittin table the other day on my 35 ton for real cheap. I took two 3/8 i beam clamps, an old bed rail for angle iron, and 2x4's and some plywood and i have a 30" X 18" table and the best part is it protects my hydr oil filter and my fender from falling logs. the beam clamps have a 3/8" bolt hole in the top and i bolted the 2x4's through the angle to the beam clamp. It is alot sturdier than you might think you can really torque down those i beam clamps. The i beam clamps come with a clamp bolt that has four flat sides to wrench down. I drilled them out to 3/16 and hammered in some 3/16" roll pins for little "t" handles so i can remove them on the fly. I am going to build the other one this weekend and i ll try and add some pics of it. i added a pic of the beam clamps if you have never seen one.

When you get both sides completed I'd certainly like to see some photos.

Nosmo

The 150.00 gift cards are only good through Sunday the 7th for the 22 ton splitter purchase and I don't think you need a coupon like you did for the 100.00 coupon that they let you use right away . They even honored my purchase which was before the special went into effect .

Latest posts

Back