Another not so good stihl jug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in! PM me the address, and I'll send you a fiver!

See...all I needed was some positive reinforcement!

Ed I have to ask you, why do you wanna pay 5.00 in shipping for a hat you can get at any Stihl dealer for 2.95?? See now I gotcha, I'm not a crook,LOL

Ed I have to ask you, why do you wanna pay 5.00 in shipping for a hat you can get at any Stihl dealer for 2.95?? See now I gotcha, I'm not a crook,LOL

A $5 free hat is much better than paying $2.95 for a hat. Anyone can buy a hat.

Tom, be nice. Remember he is using the new math, like Space does.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww yes, man I remember that. We had ole Space going on that thread. That thread was a hoot. Where is Space anyway. I posted some bull about lawyers just for him and he doesn't come back with something, dayummmm him. Just like a lawyer, LOL

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww yes, man I remember that. We had ole Space going on that thread. That thread was a hoot. Where is Space anyway. I posted some bull about lawyers just for him and he doesn't come back with something, dayummmm him. Just like a lawyer, LOL

HD is having a fertilizer sale, he is putting in a lot of OT.

HD is having a fertilizer sale, he is putting in a lot of OT.

LOL, I bet he'll answer that,hahaha

I was in HD today. I sawed up a tree this morning and took the money over to HD and bought me a small mig welder. Figure it might come in handy for toying around with muffler mods. Old guy working the tool department was going over the welder with me and I told him I would be using it to weld up mufflers on chainsaws. He goes you mean modify. I go yeah. To my surrize the old guy knew his saws pretty good. He goes you are going to leave the muffler screen in and re-adjust the carb right?, I go oh yeah, he goes good. He goes the best mod is a sharp chain. I go true but its fun to toying around with them. He goes well yeah. I go whats ya favorite saw. He goes Echo. I go really. He said yes. He goes they hold up well. I go have ya tried a Stihl, he goes oh yes, but I still like my Echo's, especailly the older ones, they will outcut Stihls. I go ok. I go how bout Husky. Had those too he said, don't last, don't want anymore of those dayumm things. I'm thinking dayummmm. This old guy was short with words but to the point on what he thought. I liked him, I think he may be my pappy,LOL

LOL, I bet he'll answer that,hahaha

I was in HD today. I sawed up a tree this morning and took the money over to HD and bought me a small mig welder. Figure it might come in handy for toying around with muffler mods. Old guy working the tool department was going over the welder with me and I told him I would be using it to weld up mufflers on chainsaws. He goes you mean modify. I go yeah. To my surrize the old guy knew his saws pretty good. He goes you are going to leave the muffler screen in and re-adjust the carb right?, I go oh yeah, he goes good. He goes the best mod is a sharp chain. I go true but its fun to toying around with them. He goes well yeah. I go whats ya favorite saw. He goes Echo. I go really. He said yes. He goes they hold up well. I go have ya tried a Stihl, he goes oh yes, but I still like my Echo's, especailly the older ones, they will outcut Stihls. I go ok. I go how bout Husky. Had those too he said, don't last, don't want anymore of those dayumm things. I'm thinking dayummmm. This old guy was short with words but to the point on what he thought. I liked him, I think he may be my pappy,LOL

Tommie,

There was a new thread on MigWelderSalesDudes.com where an ole geezer bragged about takin' a youngun' to THE SHED.

I'll be dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum,

ole joat

Tommie,

There was a new thread on MigWelderSalesDudes.com where an ole geezer bragged about takin' a youngun' to THE SHED.

I'll be dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum,

ole joat

Really, why that old suma-----------,grrr. Wait till I go back overthere to the tool section. I'm gonna give that old guy a hard time, I'll show him a thing or two. Man I wish HD was open right now, I'd run up there now, dayumm his old hide. This tells me what I thought, that old coot must be my pappy,LOLOLOL

Joat I set that little mig welder up just awhile ago. Went and got me a piece of metal to make sure it works. I put the clamp on it and pulled the trigger on the gun, it worked. Man did it work. Only problem now is I'm blind. Whats the helmet in the box for???

Really, why that old suma-----------,grrr. Wait till I go back overthere to the tool section. I'm gonna give that old guy a hard time, I'll show him a thing or two. Man I wish HD was open right now, I'd run up there now, dayumm his old hide. This tells me what I thought, that old coot must be my pappy,LOLOLOL

Joat I set that little mig welder up just awhile ago. Went and got me a piece of metal to make sure it works. I put the clamp on it and pulled the trigger on the gun, it worked. Man did it work. Only problem now is I'm blind. Whats the helmet in the box for???

:ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Tommie,

Now 2K's gonna come up there and rob you BLIND. Oh, the helmet? Hit 2K over the head with it if he takes more from THE SHED than he pays for.

ole joat

LOL, Now you can start selling huskys. Hire Space to work on them.

i am willing to think that it is not a scheduling issue with mahle but rather a phasing out/cost issue with stihl having different markets with different demands. It would be hard to think that stihl could not anticipate 2010 in north america and coordinate with mahle. I would speculate that stihl did anticipate 2010 and the cylinders are the proof.

I guess the question is, does anyone have any interior pictures of the recent stihls being produced and/or marketed to central and south america, china and africa?

dolmar & solo are both using mahle as their piston & cylinder mfg. The products are excellent quality. Stihl used mahle as well for quite some years.....

I just had two brand new Dolmar 7900 P&C kits here. Yes they are Mahle. But I can tell you this. I have never seen nicer cylinders! They are nigh unto perfect. The Mahle cylinders on a Stihl don't look like this. Why? I have no idea. But these 7900 cylinders are things of beauty!

I just had two brand new Dolmar 7900 P&C kits here. Yes they are Mahle. But I can tell you this. I have never seen nicer cylinders! They are nigh unto perfect. The Mahle cylinders on a Stihl don't look like this. Why? I have no idea. But these 7900 cylinders are things of beauty!

You're right... I'm a Dolmar & Solo distributor down in Suriname South America. Had lots of cylinders through my hands.. Stihl HAD a good name. Down in Suriname Stilh struggles with all kind of problems with their Brazilian made brush cutter & chainsaws. Had lots of customers that switched to our products due to new equipment failed fast..

You're right... I'm a Dolmar & Solo distributor down in Suriname South America. Had lots of cylinders through my hands.. Stihl HAD a good name. Down in Suriname Stilh struggles with all kind of problems with their Brazilian made brush cutter & chainsaws. Had lots of customers that switched to our products due to new equipment failed fast..

To answer your question BLsnelling: You get what you pay for,simple like that. Mahle is a mfg that produces according to your specs period.

To answer your question BLsnelling: You get what you pay for,simple like that. Mahle is a mfg that produces according to your specs period.

So are you saying Stihl has Mahle producing lesser quality cylinders compared to those of Dolmar? It sure appears that way to me. They're better than the Stihl badged cylinders, but not up to par with the Mahle cylinders of yester years and Dolmars current 7900 cylinders.

Back