another splitter build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your idea of using the big pipe for the beam. You can seal the pipe up on both ends and use it for your hydraulic tank. I did that on my splitter with a H beam. Sealed it up on both sides and put hydraulic oil on one side and gasoline on the other side. Sounded good but the oil side got so hot the gasoline was boiling. Ever seen gasoline boil?:blob2: Kinda scary! Ended up making a remote fuel tank. Then I drilled out the center of the H beam doubling the size of my hydraulic tank. Learn from others mistakes before you start welding. You are doing good by getting lots of ideas and input before you start building. Look in the log splitter picture thread, lots of ideas in there. You got a good start to a big mean one.:rock:

Last edited:
Bailys in Tn will sell to you. I bought a pump and cyclinder from them. Best service I have got in a long time

I think those are some offshore pumps, I just bought a haldex 28 for 320 delivered. what i've seen with the off brand pumps are 1" inlet & 3/4" outlet.

That's a good price on a solid American made pump...
I'm getting a little Leary of the Chinese stuff here lately...
I'm hoping all the Haldex pumps are still American made...
The 22 gpm one I bought is...
The 13 horse Honda knock off I bought is a non runner... Eats plugs...
It's been a PIA....

Bailys in Tn will sell to you. I bought a pump and cyclinder from them. Best service I have got in a long time

I live in Tennessee 20 min down the road from Bailey. Been there. I purchased a rebuild kit for my directional spool valve from them. They do have good service. The store is mostly a mail order store, no retail space, but they do have a big warehouse with lots of parts. Any kind of hydraulic parts you could ask for.

i was going by what i saw on their website as far as wholesale only. but the prices they have on the site are higher than the price i got from splitez. recon if you buy in bulk you get a better price. i think i got a pretty good deal on what i was after.

scored on a w8x40 beam at the scrap yard! and they got a bunch more if anybody is intrested. don't know what the shipping would cost. i really wanted a 48 # beam but even the steel supply house here only goes up to 40# and it's 31.17 per foot. i'm going to tie it in with the frame on a processor so i think it will do the job. lots heavier than the commercial units i see.

scored on axles

picked up a couple heavy duty axles today. one for the splitter and one likely to go under a wood trailer for the tractor.

Latest posts

Back