Another whats it worth question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjalaska

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
57A11EED-D83B-49D0-9BE6-36E805E92D9E.png I have been watching this saw on local craigslist for several weeks, price seems a little high to me but have learned on here the Stihl 044 10mm are sought after by some. It does have a new oem piston and gasket set. I am wanting to take the next step from years of minor tinkering/repair to building/rebuilding saws strictly for hobby. I’ll post the add and description if that is allowed. So what would most of you be willing to spend on this saw? I know there is possibility of much more needing repaired/replaced as in any used saw buy.

Says "court service dept" on the handle. I read that as rode hard and put away wet, but that's just a guess. I wouldn't go over $100 myself, but I have a couple of 044/440s already. Might be worth more to someone else.

Thanks all for replies. I pretty much thought 400 was steep. Would have needed to price out new oem piston and gasket set then go from there before I would take a chance.

400$ for that is crazy. 50-150$ depending on the condition of piston and cylinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks all for replies. I pretty much thought 400 was steep. Would have needed to price out new oem piston and gasket set then go from there before I would take a chance.

$400’s not just steep, it’s b@tsh!t crazy. For that price you should be getting a running saw in decent condition.

That thing has been left open in who knows what environment for who knows how long.

it could be full of peanuts...and thats the worth of it in its current arrangement.

being dismantled in that filthy condition is your first clue as to the talent level of the tear-down-er

That thing has been left open in who knows what environment for who knows how long.

it could be full of peanuts...and thats the worth of it in its current arrangement.

being dismantled in that filthy condition is your first clue as to the talent level of the tear-down-er
Yea that is a good point! A guy would probably be looking at complete rebuild. I have been fortunate in that all 5 of my Pro saws were bought in good running condition. Just looking for a good quality saw to rebuild and learn on without breaking the bank!

Latest posts

Back