Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a few more.

Lee

Clinton D65
ClintonD65001.jpg

David Bradley with the AH81 motor
WardsWD79DBH81010.jpg

Australian WhiteHead with the 820 Bender Motor
WhiteheadP60JohnDeere66SV004.jpg

Hoffco T81
HoffcoT81003.jpg

Jonsereds XF Raket
JonsedsXFPoulanS5500015.jpg

Awesome thread, nice to see all of the pics of saws from when men were men and sheep were scared!!!!

I have a mac super 33 on the bench in a state of disrepair, thanks to whoever posted the pic so I know what color the top cover should be.

Titan Sportsman

Sory about only posting Videos i guess to put pitchers on hear you need photo bucket never used it yet i guess i should learn I have lots of pitchers of saws that i dont have in videos i would like to share [video=youtube_share;2sYs0gD1ANc]http://youtu.be/2sYs0gD1ANc[/video]

Antiques are by namesake at least 100 years old with some exceptions...

Cars must be at least 50 years...

So a saw should be? (maybe 40?)...

I don't have any idea about the saw;

But according to the AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America), they consider automobiles, antique, at 25 years. Hence, most states, if not all, antique license plates are avaliable at 25 years. This is also true for any vehicle, trucks, motorcycles, and such.

Have a nice day,

Joe,

That is awesome work! Enjoy seeing the pictures of your saws here!

Lee,

Those are some exceptional saws...Been tryin to tell these guys that you are partial to the greasy fat ones, and I'll bet you didn't close your eyes either! Hehe!

On a side note, anybody heard from Magnus? Something seems to be wrong...

Brian and Tina

Joe,

That is awesome work! Enjoy seeing the pictures of your saws here!

Lee,

Those are some exceptional saws...Been tryin to tell these guys that you are partial to the greasy fat ones, and I'll bet you didn't close your eyes either! Hehe!

On a side note, anybody heard from Magnus? Something seems to be wrong...

Brian and Tina

I know Magnus had some health related issues a while back. Last time I talked to him everything seemed fine though.

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to every one for the great comments I know some people have seen all my stuff before I thought id post it on hear for People that have not seen it I just want to say and I have said it before and mean it the best job I have seen yet a complete step by step is Cliffs Mall 10 bow saw to see it step by step was excellent I think Cliff you should but that same post on hear for all to see

Site has been down for a week...

I sent Magnus a email the day after the site went down and he said this.

There is a database problem and problem with little time in Pontus life.
We are working on it...
I hope we get it going tomorrow.

Magnus

I sent Magnus a email the day after the site went down and he said this.

There is a database problem and problem with little time in Pontus life.
We are working on it...
I hope we get it going tomorrow.

Magnus

I truly hope they can recover it...there are some excellent history discussions and documentation on that site that it would be a real loss if it cannot be recovered. I enjoy going there and just reading and all of the pictures of the old logging and saws,etc. I have read enough to know how many years of effort it took to compile such a wealth of knowledge, always a good read over there!

A speedy recovery wish to Magnus and Pontius!

Latest posts

Back