any climbers willingto teach?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Woodsman

good offer, whats with the annoying hyphens?
lol~its just something i do instead of little commas brother~kinda lets me stop that thought and start some other words~annoying? you know what?~is annoying~ but shes another story!
PoulanPro~405Plus(lookin for a muffler)~ back up 4more

POULANPRO405PLUScutsTHEWOODSMAN

Saw rox my woodsman!best saw ive ever owned! wanna modify it a bit lookin for grub on that~havin some trub with it yesterday~ client said he would service it for me~I nearly cried:heart:PP405PLUS:hmm3grin2orange:ACES

Ya know I think it can be taught in five years lol:dizzy: So your going to learn in one or two days then try taking the basics and ultimately killing yourself then the blood is on my shoulders ehhhhhh yeah right:monkey:

Acetree I think you are doing the right thing asking for help although it seems your skin is a bit thin for tree work. Don't take it so personally this beating is nothing compared to what's ahead for you in the tree. The first time you spin a hung up top of an aspen out and it kicks back and knocks the heck out of you and you ear is bleeding and your eye is half swollen shut (you discover this after you realize you in fact are not knocked out or dead) and you still have six trees to climb, that is the self taught type of lesson you never forget. Its not what you know you don't know that will get you its what you don't know you don't know. Cheer up man you asked a question from a bunch of tree climbers not customer service reps. :chainsawguy:

Lil brother, Be safe man. It could all gone in the blink of an eye...

And for God's sake, you want to bid and perform tree work, while
asking the guys who's bread and butter you're sneaking off the table for advice????:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Acetree I think you are doing the right thing asking for help although it seems your skin is a bit thin for tree work. Don't take it so personally this beating is nothing compared to what's ahead for you in the tree. The first time you spin a hung up top of an aspen out and it kicks back and knocks the heck out of you and you ear is bleeding and your eye is half swollen shut (you discover this after you realize you in fact are not knocked out or dead) and you still have six trees to climb, that is the self taught type of lesson you never forget. Its not what you know you don't know that will get you its what you don't know you don't know. Cheer up man you asked a question from a bunch of tree climbers not customer service reps. :chainsawguy:

Mic687 makes a good point here. Acetree2000, you need to be a sponge and SUCK IT ALL in. This business swallows guys who are thin skinned.:agree2:

Best advice I ever recieved was 'If you dont feel comfortable, your doing something wrong'. #2 was, when in doubt, rope it out. Sorry about the arm mate, reminds me of a 'saturday' I had a few months back , minus the stitches. only I got both arms. Ask Slayer what saturday means if your intrested.

:notrolls2:

little beetch started a thread and bailed. :sucks:

last post 11/29
yet another 1 who's playing on his mom's computer in the basement.:dunno:

Oh acetree2000!!! Come out, Come out from where ever you are!!!!!!!!!!:newbie:

repost: 5 easy steps to becoming a climber

He may have been chased away, but I'll repost this advice from another thread:

1). Get a job with a reputable Tree Service as a brush hauler and groundie.
1a). Become the best groundie they have, work harder than any other.

2). Learn to handle and care for the ropes, do this when others sit down.
2b). Become the best rope man they have, a climber will want you.

3). Watch everything your climber does, talk to him, gain his respect.
3b). 50% of being a great climber is to have a great rope man.

4). get your basic gear to climb, offer to set ropes, retrieve shot bags, anything to use your gear. Climb trees in your off time so you won't look so awkward when you get your shot. When your climber thinks you are ready he will offer you a tree (most likely a simple Pine). Do it fast and safe.
4b). Don't do damage or cause injuries to yourself or crew.

5) repeat steps 1 ~ 4 as needed until you start looking for a good rope man.

Purchase the tree climbers companion.

attend all the seminars you can asking every dumb question you can think of

find job with a CA and pick his brain all you can

Stay at it five years before deciding if its worth the plunge

I wish that would have been my approach !

Best advice I ever recieved was 'If you dont feel comfortable, your doing something wrong'. #2 was, when in doubt, rope it out. Sorry about the arm mate, reminds me of a 'saturday' I had a few months back , minus the stitches. only I got both arms. Ask Slayer what saturday means if your intrested.

Once I was given some rhyming advice...

not so good "cut it small and let it fall"

"Onto their rotten fence and replace it? Get the ####ing rope over here!" was my retort.

And the arm healed fine, snagged a tendon but it's all healed now.

Latest posts

Back