Any commercial 4 stroke hedge trimmer with separate oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yungman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been looking for a hedge trimmer with 4 cycle and separate oil. Anyone know of any commercial quality one? I check Shindaiwa, Stihl, Husqvarna, RedMax, Tanaka, Robin, Kawasaki and Makita already, I don't see any.
Thanks

Honda do not make a hedge trimmer!! That would be my first choice. I just bought a Honder string trimmer and I absolutely love it.
Thanks

Honda do not make a hedge trimmer!! That would be my first choice. I just bought a Honder string trimmer and I absolutely love it.
Thanks

if they dont make them they are in the shops in the uk with honda written on them and if you google honda hedge trimmer there are thousands of pages check the link i left earlier
cheers

Hey Yungman,
back to the Stihl 4-mix: Stihl makes the HL100 or HL100K (shorter shaft) and they are available with straight or articulating 20 inch cutter heads. I have an old HL75K (2-stroke) and I can tame a big hedge in a hurry.
I don't understand your hesitation to run a motor that takes mix, especially the 4-mix. Just buy a 1-gallon fuel can, a 6-pack of Stihl Ultra, fill it up with 93 octane, and cut.
Have fun, and buy a chainsaw. :greenchainsaw:

You are right, Honda has a 4 cycle hedge trimmer exactly what I want. But...They don't seem sell it here in this country!!!! Any suggestion? Order from out of the country and take a big chance?
Thanks

Hi i think your right i cant find any honda hedge trimmers advertised in the usa. i would have thought anything with low emissions would have been available in california! there are loads of these trimmers in the uk ebay.co.uk has a few even australia has them im stunned. might be worth sending an email to honda to see if they will be available soon.
good luck

I am going to call Honda tomorrow. Honda don't have email address for US!!! I went on there site, they don't provide search, they don't show HHH25 on their list, they don't even show any hedge trimmer. That's the reason I don't even look for their trimmer!!! No search, no written contact, I wonder who created the web for them. Anyone have experience ordering form out of the country??? Sound dangerous to me.

I am very excited about this. I am not quite ready to buy one right at this moment, I just spent $400 buy a Honda HHT31S trimmer last week and absolutely loving it. So happy I can still buy the push rod GX31 engine!!! I don't have anymore more excuse to tell my BOSE ( say wife!!!) why I need a new hedge trimmer to replace my Echo HS150!!!.... Which work well except it's a workout to start. Maybe a tankful of pure gas will do it!!!!

Last edited:
tell my BOSE ( say wife!!!) why I need a new hedge trimmer to replace my Echo HS150!!!.... Which work well except it's a workout to start. Maybe a tankful of pure gas will do it!!!!

"Honey, I'm going trimmer shopping, the old one just died...I can't even pull the rope!" :greenchainsaw:

Hey 16:1Mix
Are you really mixing 16:1!!!!!????? If you say yes, are you going to be in big trouble in this forum!!!!:laugh:

You paid $400 for an out of date 31cc Honda when I sell the HHT35 for $350?

So what you are saying is you want to buy a piece of equipment that you cant buy parts for here in the US? Every post of yours seems to be getting worse than the one before!

And its BOSS not BOSE

You paid $400 for an out of date 31cc Honda when I sell the HHT35 for $350?

So what you are saying is you want to buy a piece of equipment that you cant buy parts for here in the US?

That is the point I was just about to make. No phone number for the USA to even ask about buying, I would hate to see the headache that would cause if you got ahold of one and had a problem:buttkick:
Not to get "off topic" but the 4mix is hard to beat. Mixing isnt that much of an issue, just like Kogafortwo said, mix one gal at a time and use high octane, and Stihl Ultra. Just my two pennies...

This is bike handle with circular saw and harness. The GX31 is still in production and is still used in the edger. The drive sheft is suppose to have life time guarentee. I'll take my chance on it, it's a Honda!! If I cannot buy parts in the future, I can always buy a new one and use this motor to make a motorized bike or convert to airplane engine!!! This engine is very hot in RC world.

But since I bought the Honda, I learn more about 2 cycle engine and hybrid 4 cycle.

Agree with the 4 Mix. I learn a lot of valuable lesson and that assumption of 4 cycle with separate oil is better is WRONG!!!:dizzy: I will consider differently in the future.

I still like my Honda though, call me crazy, I still like a Honda push rod!!! what can I say!!!

Last edited:
extended reach vs regular hedger trimmer

If you are going to spend big $$$, at least consider an extended reach hedge trimmer. My HL75 has turned out to be a money maker for me, even though I bought it for personal use.
Why? Because not many people have them, not even the commercial landscapers. So people who have big overgrown bushes call me up and ask if I can cut them down to manageable size.
I'm gonna make some Christmas vacation $$$ next week cutting back a guy's suburban jungle - time to earn some new equipment bucks - yahoo!

Back