Any guess how many links I will need?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkx5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 346xp which I absolutely love for the small stuff, but need something to pull a 24" bar. Not currently able to pop for a 441, 2171, or a 7900 I decided to find a cheap bar for my old Pro Mac 60.

Long story short, I found a really cheap ($10 new) 30" bar for it. I realize this is probably more bar than ideal power wise, but the price was right. I will take it to the local dealer to get a loop made up as soon as it arrives, but I am wondering if anyone has an idea as to how many links it will take. I will be running 3/8 .63 full chisel, and the sprocket is a 7 tooth if I remember correctly (could be an 8).

I would also appreciate any input as far as whether to run semi skip or full skip.

paulkx5 said:
I decided to find a cheap bar for my old Pro Mac 60.
30" bar for it. I realize this is probably more bar than ideal power wise, but the price was right. running 3/8 .63 full chisel, and the sprocket is a 7 tooth if I remember correctly (could be an 8).
JMO stick with the 7T pin and run skip.
Just a wild azz guess, 96 DL maybe.
Added wrong first try, I figured 4 links for every 2" added.

Last edited:
chain

:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: contact baileys that sponsors forums on this site . my chainsaw charts say it might be closer to 98 drivers:blob2:

Latest posts

Back