Any inherent design advantages to the 576 XP compared to a 372 XP.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Are there any design advantages unique to the 576 XP or the 500 series design, compared to the 372 XP or 300 series chassis ?
I don't know much about the internals of these saws, maybe one of you folks could shed some light on the subject.

372xp advantages:
Simple, proven design. Lighter weight than 5-series 576/572. Smaller chassis feels more maneuverable. Quad port transfers, good power for 70cc, can run a 24” bar, manual tuning carb. Lots of parts availability new, used, and aftermarket/clone.
Disadvantages: older design, AV not as smooth, fuel efficiency isn’t as good, but got better with the x-torq models.

576xp advantages:
First gen auto-tune so no more fussing with carb adjustments. More power than 372xp, can run 28” bar. Very smooth anti vib, better fuel efficiency with x-torq strato cylinder design and auto tune.
Disadvantages : first gen auto tune, missing some features and they were still working out the bugs. Heavier than 372xp. Silver paint wears off too easily. Feels like a big chassis. Auto tune more self-contained, not to connect to computer for diagnostics.

572xp advantages:
Latest design, smooth AV, great fuel efficiency, very good power for 70cc, third gen auto tune, built like a tank, big beefy bearings, better paint, improved air filter design.
Disadvantages: heavier than 372xp, expensive, early in product life cycle so possible changes may still come, bigger chassis feels like 90cc saw, more complicated to try to fix yourself.

372XP OE, not x-torq - starts pretty much every time. Extremely hot weather just after a hot saw refueling, or extremely cold just taking it out of the truck.. Dead reliable, handles like modern 60cc saw. Cuts wood like crazy, exceptional throttle response. Takes very well to simple mods. Will last a very long time with parts available online either oem or AF.

572XP - heavy, problems starting hot after refueling on hot day. Good torque for longer bars. Not as fun to mod/tune as 372.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Husqvarna seems more interested in selling automatic lawn mowers than high quality saws these days. Sad but true. The 3 series XP saws will never be replaced with a better product. When manufacturers come out with a new design it should do everything the old models did plus more. Simply not the case with the 5 series XP saws.

I understand that meeting modern epa restrictions can be a challenge but seriously with all the new technology can we get a lighter, faster, more durable saw than those of 10-15 years ago? I haven't seen one from Husqvarna.

Which ones have you owned? Have you ran a newer 562 or 550mk2. How many 572s have you owned and ran? Just curious. Which brand do you consider more durable?

Here is the list and comments, but also note I am not recommending another brand. I am a Husqvarna fan just wish they could do a little better on the current designs.

550XP original - hot start issues, excellent fuel economy
550XP Mark 2 - hot start issues, heavier than 346
555 - hot start issues
572XP - heavier than 372, solid feel, good anti-vibe

346XP - never a problem
372XP OE - never a problem
372XT - not a bad saw, but prefer OE
390XP - never a problem
2171 - never a problem, lots of hours on saw.

Here is the list and comments, but also note I am not recommending another brand. I am a Husqvarna fan just wish they could do a little better on the current designs.

550XP original - hot start issues, excellent fuel economy
550XP Mark 2 - hot start issues, heavier than 346
555 - hot start issues
572XP - heavier than 372, solid feel, good anti-vibe

346XP - never a problem
372XP OE - never a problem
372XT - not a bad saw, but prefer OE
390XP - never a problem
2171 - never a problem, lots of hours on saw.
346 never had an intake clamp failure? 372xt never had clutch side bearing issue? 390 same? 372oe never a problem, than why have I rebuilt them. My point is all mechanical items go through development stages. Never had hot start issues with my saws, I know some who cannot figure different starting procedure for their saw. 372 saws are easy to rebuild and take a beating for sure. Have one on bench that has seen heavy use, p/c and crank are in great condition.

If someone could come up with a tunnel into the 5 series main PCB board and figure out a way to make them run just a touch more fuel, I believe they would run cooler and hot restarts would be much easier. I live in Wisconsin so its not even that hot, cant imagine running one of these down south. I find that if the air temp is below 60F I don't have any starting problems.

Back