Any love for the Poulan 25DA and variants?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The s25cv is excellent torque wise. A bit heavy but still under 10 lbs. They will cut 6" + limbs right with a 200t. Under that the Stihl is way faster though, and feels two lbs lighter. For around $50 they are certainly a best bang for your buck. Problem is finding pistons and duckbills for the fuel cap.

The s25cv is excellent torque wise. A bit heavy but still under 10 lbs. They will cut 6" + limbs right with a 200t. Under that the Stihl is way faster though, and feels two lbs lighter. For around $50 they are certainly a best bang for your buck. Problem is finding pistons and duckbills for the fuel cap.
At least the 25DA will start when you need it to, unlike the Dolmar top handle that I have that doesn't want to run half the time and doesn't want to keep running when it does start. I'm still working on that one, maybe some day....

I'll pull out my dads old 2.0 Craftsman every now and then. Man is it loud. I don't know if my ears ring more than my fingertips tingle when done. But its a good running little saw and I would say keeps up with the few top handles I've run through the years. I find that top handled Poulans and Craftsmans make good trade bait. I used a dead one in the Drag it and Bag it Jonsered promo once. Traded a good one for a really nice Toro mower, and another for a mint Flexible Flyer sled that I gave to my great niece. Gotta be creative in your dealings.

That Allis Chalmers will bring good money on Ebay. I'm always on the lookout for those.

i love my little mighty 25da has no av and the auto oiler doesn't work but it is manual oiling i do a lot of cutting with it and recently just replaced the sprocket since it fell apart from use. mine sports a 14'. i got it for free from a husky dealer the customer didn't want to spend the money to get it running. to get it fixed only cost 30$ and i really like this saw.
it has gobs of torque for a top handle.

free is better though. This was a long ways from free. I think I'll put the Allis saws on eBay and sell the rest locally. I may be able to build up a couple more with this pile and what I already have in stock.

free is better though. This was a long ways from free. I think I'll put the Allis saws on eBay and sell the rest locally. I may be able to build up a couple more with this pile and what I already have in stock.

Well if you need any parts to put anything back together, let me know and you can have them. Most of the P/C's on these are toast.

After getting mine going again I think these are a fine little saw.. I put a new 12" bar on it today, and a carb kit/fuel lines on it the day before. Runs great, and it fills the gap in my lineup too.

I wish mine had A/V though. It's a shakey little bugger.

I run my CVA fairly regularly. Any time I have some cutting to do it is one of 2 saws in the truck first. This is a video of it in WKY. That is me at the 1:47 mark

That looks like a good one

Latest posts

Back