Any of these worth saving?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccarpen4753

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well my local junk dealer has a few shelfs of small saws and I not really sure if any are worth salvaging and if so how much would you offer? The pics arent great and dont show all of the saws, was kind of in a hurry. Not included in pics is a 064av with a 28" bar for $200. I dont know ehat he wants for any of them. Im just askig if I should be interested in any of them.View attachment 230529View attachment 230530View attachment 230531View attachment 230532

The two bigger Homelites and the Puolan XXV are the only ones I would really be interested in. The Poulan is a great little top handle saw, far superior to the little Homies.

Thanks for the replies, any thoughts on the 064av? I didnt get a pic of it. Seems to be in good shape, some wear, good compresion, and seems complete. Is it worth $200. I searched on here for some info and didnt get much on whether they were decent saws or troublesome.

Junk yard dogs,er I mean Saws

I think we need to know, are you going to keep them or flip them?The Super EZ is a great saw as is the Poulan XXV,not much resale value though.The 064 MAY be worth something,parts saws on Ebay, go for $50 to $180.Without hearing it run,it is only worth $25 to $50.
RR

Depends on what kinda deal i could get on them, i would probably keep a few because i could use a couple small saws. Probably see what i could salvage out of the rest. Fix what could be fixed or part them out, or pass them on to someone who wants them.

Thanks for the replies, any thoughts on the 064av? I didnt get a pic of it. Seems to be in good shape, some wear, good compresion, and seems complete. Is it worth $200. I searched on here for some info and didnt get much on whether they were decent saws or troublesome.

It's worth that and more. They are great saws and a powerhouse to operate! (But most would probably offer a bit less to test the waters). Happy Sawing.

Latest posts

Back