Any one use the gas/oil can from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got mine , was wondering what you guys used at the end of your spouts for stopping the gas mix when you are pouring out the bar oil. They have it set up that you have to put the spouts back inside to seal them from leaking out when pouring from opposite side. Is there a cap or stopper you can get for the ends. I don't want to put the spout back inside the can when it's full, its going to get saw dust and stuff inside the tank. I have the old style I hate the carb stuff.

Thanks for any help
Beefie

I did a search and couldn't find anything on it , might not have entered correct key words.

those cans are made by wedco. which is a very common plastics company. go to rural king, farm and fleet or which ever you have an purchase some of the wedco spouts for about $2. they have a thread on cap. i have them on my gas and oil sides of the piggy back can.

the ones i get are cheaper and clear, buy extras you will cut them when you hit them with the saw
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(h4tmkyye5kqc3vbqk2ktmk45)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=73584

Last edited:
on the old school piggy back (non-CARB) i just took the spouts off, and super glued the inner and outer cap together as one. problem solved.

and if anyone is wondering, i did the same on the CARB style piggy back cans.

thanks sILLogger that's exactly what I was looking for:yourock:

I have a local ace hardware store down the road, I will give them a call and see if they have them in stock.

Beefie

thanks sILLogger that's exactly what I was looking for:yourock:

I have a local ace hardware store down the road, I will give them a call and see if they have them in stock.

Beefie

they also work on the fuel cans that walmart sells. they are good can's (with a vent) but require the spout to get removed ever time. but if you put these on there you don't have to

I just use a solid cap on the oil side of mine and a piece of birch i carved out as a cork/plug for the gas side tube nozzle deal. had it like that since the day i bought it. . .. like 3 or so yrs. ago. that CARB is a bunch of bull in my opinion. drives me right nuts. you ever see a "CARB" can in the back of a truck on a hot day. they get all filled up with fumes and balloon right up. they look like they could pop any minute. bunch of bull is ya ask me

if this is the jug your talkin about we just cut them off above the threads and screw on pepsi/ mt. dew or your choice of lid and away you go. In the winter when it's 10-15 below zero your better of just taking the whole lid off unless you want to stand around for 10-15 minutes and pour your oil!

if this is the jug your talkin about we just cut them off above the threads and screw on pepsi/ mt. dew or your choice of lid and away you go. In the winter when it's 10-15 below zero your better of just taking the whole lid off unless you want to stand around for 10-15 minutes and pour your oil!

i sit mine in the floorboard of the truck and let the heater warm it up. its good to go when you get there.

Yup that is the can , I like the idea of cutting it off just before the threads. After looking at mine it does have the threads still on it. Would that cap be off of a 20oz drink . Have you noticed any difficutlys filling with the spouts been shorter, like when it's full compared to being empty.

Thanks again for the help
Beefie

attachment.php
[/IMG]

By the way I like your headache rack you have stihllogging. Did you have some one make that or is that really a saw on there.

Beefie

That's cool , I thought maybe you used it when you had a really long log to make it fit in the back of the truck. Just kidding. It looks really neat you got another pic of it by chance.

beefie

Back