Anyone bought one of the new Poulan 5020

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I sell on eBay, I wonder if I should start charging tax? To Floridians? I wonder if I will get fined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey why not just put it in your ad .... they did but i had to search for it... i am used to paying it from shops that are in the state...Is what it is....its still a great price if the saw checks out.... i have wanted one since mark did the thread on them LOL.

I stopped selling because of ebay and paypals fees... guess i will try to shop else where... they sticking it to sellers and buyers now....

I agree, the fees on ebay have got out of hand. Way out of hand actually.

As far as the sales taxes to be collected from business's selling on ebay or other internet sales avenues, that is the state or Florida sticking it to you, not Ebay.. Sounds like the seller is just following the law, but like you say it should be listed somewhere, but on the other hand a fella should know what there state is requiring.

I think Florida is one of a handful of states that don't have a state income tax so there making sure they at least get the sales tax.

As to the refurb price, it don't seem bad, they are still $199 at Menards around here. That said they still come up on sale now and again for $169. I think I seen before the refurbs don't come with a case, so that might matter to some. So personally myself, unless someone needs one right away and can't wait for a sale, the cost is too close to new when the new one is coming with a case and full warranty.

I agree, the fees on ebay have got out of hand. Way out of hand actually.

As far as the sales taxes to be collected from business's selling on ebay or other internet sales avenues, that is the state or Florida sticking it to you, not Ebay.. Sounds like the seller is just following the law, but like you say it should be listed somewhere, but on the other hand a fella should know what there state is requiring.

I think Florida is one of a handful of states that don't have a state income tax so there making sure they at least get the sales tax.

As to the refurb price, it don't seem bad, they are still $199 at Menards around here. That said they still come up on sale now and again for $169. I think I seen before the refurbs don't come with a case, so that might matter to some. So personally myself, unless someone needs one right away and can't wait for a sale, the cost is too close to new when the new one is coming with a case and full warranty.
I agree...

well the saw never did get here LMAo... said guaranteed by today LOL... why do i have the feeling the piston will be scored the bar bent in half etc.... hahah been one of those sorta weeks.... Cheers Ya all.

Interested to see what style muffler is on the new model. I have an “old” model 5020 and was pleased the muffler is really just an empty cube. It’s actually a pretty good firewood saw.

Well i am Flabergasted.. i will say they shipper they use is one dedicated young man... my sensor light popped on at 10pm laser ship got it done .. way to late to check out much more i took it to the shop and locked up for the night.... Wow its not very ofton i am shocked but i will say Laser shipping has some dedicated people emailed me with in ten minute... Told me it would be here i was like im sure it will be tomorrow... I was wrong plain and simple...Hope the rest turns out good .. Wow that shocked me... wonder what their rates are....

Interested to see what style muffler is on the new model. I have an “old” model 5020 and was pleased the muffler is really just an empty cube. It’s actually a pretty good firewood saw.

I will let you know and take some pics... right now im tired ya all have a good night .....wow....nice when some one does what they say....

i got the saw would not make it through a cut without dying,,, i dicked with the carb for awhile found the idle was all the way turned in just to run... then pulled the muffler it had some very light scoring so i sent it back and it was delivered yesterday back to them still waiting on my refund....I had nothing really good to say or report.... i should have just bought a brand new one....As was suggested...now i get to see if i have to fight with them and ebay.....kinda left a sour taste in my mouth so i just did not report back....Lasershipping got it here that day at 10 pm i was shocked about that....

Well update they have refunded my money in full so im cool ...I will cancel the transaction or what ever makes them happy...sux i did not need the saw but was really wanting to like it like i loved my poulan 4620s and 295/2900 saws....i used them really hard and they took it.... maybe i got a dud... the seller kept up their end so i wont be i prick and leave a bad feed back **** happens.... maybe i got a dud....I dont think i will buy anything but parts on ebay any more.... amazon prime is so much easier to use and ebay makes it hard on the buyers and sellers...think i will be on the look for a mint PP295....farm hand ... not that i need any more saws.... i need to start weeding out ones as i dont think my son will want all my old poulans....he likes my echos .....

Back