anyone else's wife . . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is my enabler. Shes bought me an 044 056 064 project saws.

You, sir, are a lucky man.

It helps that my girlfriend "loves them smell of chainsaw exhaust"
She doesn't know how many saws I actually have
We don't live together so she'll never notice the 066 in pieces in the bottom of my closet.

My grand mother put it the best, after 60 years of marriage.
"If the worst thing your grandfather does in all of these years of marriage is by a couple tractors he doesn't really need, I'll count myself lucky"

That is a great perspective on life!

Nope,
I don't have that problem. My wife says chainsaws are SOOOOOOO much cheaper than whores, drugs, drunk driving arrests, bass boats 4 wheelers, tractors, race cars, etc etc etc.

She WILL ask me occasionally if I really need that new saw and when I explain that no, I don't need it but I'd really like to have it she says, "Do you have enough money in your stash or do you need me to loan you some out of the household budget"?

THAT! is one of the reasons we are still together!

Mike

Wow.:clap:

Thinking about how I would explain to a potential wife........ more saws than I have fingers and toes combined........ I think the trick is to wear the right cologne........:greenchainsaw:

I've found the secret. Put them up high on a shelf so only the front few can be seen. Buy the same color, (my case Stihl orange and white) they all look the same to her so I could be using my 361, 260, 021, 290... as far as she knows, it's the same saw. Now if I start mixing up colors, like an all orange one, I might be in touble. She would certanily notice a different color. :laugh:

If you cannot get your wife involved you are up the creek. I am a family man and everyone is involved. My 10 year son was on the end of a 2 man Disston lat weekend. He will assume that position again. My wife has been on that end also, Get all involved. It does not matter if it is trapping, hunting, racing, farming, shooting or whatever else.

My wife/family is intergal to everything I do

Bill

I get the 'LOOK' mostly. Get in a bit of hot water at yard sales 'Do you really need another saw??'
But when she comes into the shop she walks around and says 'How many you got there!!!', and she counts.
And then it starts!!!:jawdrop:

My wife is actually pretty cool about the new saw bug. However she just does not "get it". I tell her that it satisfies my instinctive hunt,gather and provide urges. I have also said that "hey, I could be at the bar". And also she knows that when I am a sawing, there are absolutetly no females even remotely close. I love chainsaw ####.
:cheers:

No problems

Longyeargirlfriend got a ZKK 600 from me. We are both in a age that we buy only less but high quality pro things.
And we both know: cheep you buy twice.
OK and sometimes she got some Triumpf-Gear.

Cheers Vincent

I can't ask for a better wife. She buys me saws. We go to auctions and there will be several auction rings going at once. She stays inside and buys saws and I go outside to do it. The old men at the auction barns calls her "the chainsaw lady". 12 years ago she had never touched a saw in her life. Now when were at a auction, she will walk up and grab a saw and pull the starter and say whether it has compression or not. A couple weeks ago we were out checking out all the wind damage. There were people out everywhere running saws. We go by one place and there was a guy cutting up a tree. He was a good ways off, but she spoke right up and said " that guys running a Homelite, looks like an older XL12". She was right. I'm a very lucky and happy man!!

Last edited:
:D ^^

mine's very supportive, mostly. She was a bit annoyed when I rebuilt the 266 on the sofa surrounded by tools, sealant, gasket card and bits of sawdust but winter is drawing in, and she does appreciate a nice fire to warm her toes by, so I'm not in any trouble.

I may push my luck a bit if I were to actually buy anything this year, money is very tight round here, but the 26 will provide as much fun as I need for now.

Nope,
I don't have that problem. My wife says chainsaws are SOOOOOOO much cheaper than whores, drugs, drunk driving arrests, bass boats 4 wheelers, tractors, race cars, etc etc etc.

She WILL ask me occasionally if I really need that new saw and when I explain that no, I don't need it but I'd really like to have it she says, "Do you have enough money in your stash or do you need me to loan you some out of the household budget"?

THAT! is one of the reasons we are still together!

Mike

Witchy actually bought me most of my saws, but then I don't have that many - only those I really need....
:cheers: :cheers:

She also liked to run them, when she still was able to......

Last edited:
My wife spends $40 a month on her nails, that's a lot more than i spend on chainsaws.. besides I only have 16.. but the list is growing ;)
I'm a victim of cad..:givebeer:

Some guys, 30 chainsaws - Some gals, 30 pairs of shoes - I don't see a problem.

I agree.....You have to speak in terms she will understand...

How many pairs of shoes does she really need? She can only wear one pair at a time. :)
(and how many of those shoes does she never wear because they do not go with anything?)

CHAINSAWS = SHOES

I agree.....You have to speak in terms she will understand...

How many pairs of shoes does she really need? She can only wear one pair at a time. :)
(and how many of those shoes does she never wear because they do not go with anything?)

CHAINSAWS = SHOES

I better get going. Last time I counted, she was up to 72 pairs. She gave some to goodwill after that, but I still "need" several saws to catch up!

Some guys, 30 chainsaws - Some gals, 30 pairs of shoes - I don't see a problem.

Yep, I always say: "After a couple of years I wonder which will be worth more, a chainsaw or a pair of shoes".

Tough time cleaning up ice storm damage with a pair of high heels!.

Latest posts

Back