Anyone ever powder coat their bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crofter said:
solid titanium alloy! misleading but not fraudulent.

Like most advertising. The only thing accomplised by "truth in advertising" laws is to make more people think they can trust advertising, instead of using their heads.

Frank, I though pure titanium was softer than steel. Not so?

Pure titanium is not very hard. In that form it is usually used for its resistance to some acids.I have run into it some around paper mills. Structurally it is alloyed and as another poster mentioned can be very springy and tough. I read up a bit a number of years ago on using it in gun barrells for its lightness, but machining was very difficult because of its tendency to gall and stick to cutting tools I dont think it is very good for the kind of sliding friction a saw bar gets.

Frank

i forget which plane it was, but one of the skunk works prodjects was a plane built out of ti. they had to totaly retool because they couldn't even drill a hole in it at first. then they found out the planes that were in service for 20 years were actually stronger than when built. the heat of the mach ? speeds hardened the ti.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-71_Blackbird#Details

Last edited:
WOODBOOGER said:
I Ceramic coated my mufflers on my saws, does that count?

Where did You get the mufflers Ceramic coated?

What is the benfit to Ceramic coating the muffler

Thank You

Joseph

Back