Anyone order direct from Farmertec? Shipping is nuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to order 10-20 of each size in 4mm,5mm,and 6mm. I was going to be about 200 screws plause other small parts

The big let down with Chinese screw copies (besides the often imperfect T27 drive slots), is they do not have the knurling on the underside of the head to bite into cases and retain their position- the smooth head version tends to fall out just like Husqvarna bolts.

If it does not worry you the specific drive- look on Amazon or the like for multi packs of hex drive cap screws- often cheap, multi length and sometimes multi diameter as well.

Has anyone ordered directly from Farmertec? I tried ordering under $100 of mainly screws and parts. The total package was under 5lbs and they want $72 shipping. Has anyone else ran into that?

Bill
They hold their promises as far as delivering mostly, I prefer them to aliexpress.

I thought that I had seen where Duke Thieroff had put together kits of metric T27 drive screws with the serrations on the underside of the head they seemed reasonably priced at that time, ,Traverse Creek Saw Supplies, maybe worth contacting him.

I’ve used bolt depot a lot over the years & they have a great selection of standard/metric fasteners.

I have put together several orders for Farmertec, mainly hardware items since they have such an interesting assortment and attractive per piece pricing. I have never actually placed the orders due to shipping costs, either find what I need elsewhere, make do with what I have, or find a suitable substitute.

Mark

I paid $5.84 for an FS250 control handle from Famertec. Shipping was $9.31 before a $1 discount. The part arrived in a few weeks. I could have gotten something for about the same total on eBay but wasn't sure what brand it would be.

That shipping just seems wrong . Try again.
I am sure going to give it another try. I have no issues paying fair prices. I do have issues with back-door charges. It is not quite a "bait and switch" but gosh darn close.

I thought that I had seen where Duke Thieroff had put together kits of metric T27 drive screws with the serrations on the underside of the head they seemed reasonably priced at that time, ,Traverse Creek Saw Supplies, maybe worth contacting him.
I am open to anything especially supporting a good guy here.

I have put together several orders for Farmertec, mainly hardware items since they have such an interesting assortment and attractive per piece pricing. I have never actually placed the orders due to shipping costs, either find what I need elsewhere, make do with what I have, or find a suitable substitute.

Mark
That is the exact problem. I spent a lot of time putting an order together. I actually started the order and wrote it all down in my notebook while I was laying in the hospital for almost three weeks last month. I was board as heck and had to do something. The other night I go to finish and pay then whammmo

Nothing local for you like a fastenal?
Even home improvement centers generally have a pretty good sorty of metric hardware.
Yes there is a Fastenal within12 miles. I se them for shipping of pallets of saws and tools. I will be in there after Christmas picking up a pallet of saw items from a great member here. They do not sell anything close to the correct T-27 screws. They have black oxide socket heads which are decent for the West Bend engines and some older Husqvarna saws. They do not have T-27 head screws. They can have them made but when I asked about it many years ago they quoted a price that would curl a man's toes. As for a home improvement center they have nothing close.

You can get hardware kits for the popular model saws.I think they are called spare parts kits. They have all the hardware etc in a plastic storage case .Check into it.

Back