Anyone ship/receive a saw in a trash bag?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
No, I do not mean wrapping a saw inside a box. Rather, actually putting it in a trash bag and mailing it. I never gave it a thought until I came home to this:

PoulanPro4557_zps2e2df762.jpg

Unwrapped the bag and found this:

PoulanPro4555_zps291de4a7.jpg

Fought some duct tape and uncovered this:

PoulanPro4554_zpsb204066d.jpg

The brake handle is broken and given the shine on the metal it probably happened in transit:

PoulanPro4553_zpsca994017.jpg

Need to clean it up, fix the recoil, fix the brake, clean the bar and spin up a new loop and hopefully I will be good to go.

PoulanPro4551_zps56838eb4.jpg

PoulanPro4552_zpsfc129d82.jpg

Someone sent me a Homie 650 with 32 inch bar padded in bubble-wrap and wrapped in a huge bath towel - looked like a wrapped-up dead body lying on my porch :msp_scared: . Should have taken pics, I guess...

No, I do not mean wrapping a saw inside a box. Rather, actually putting it in a trash bag and mailing....................

I got a 075 and a HS242 both packed together in a trash bag. No cardboard and the REAL KICKER it was from CANADA:confused:

I got a old Homelite shipped in a taped up Laundry basket once.

And there was this two man Mall :msp_biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

No, but on a mostly unrelated note, I got a cordless drill battery packed in a "unique" way the other day:

attachment.php

Half a dozen bubble mailers used to stuff a flat rate box...

I had a mac 10-10 show up through usps with no stuffing in the box and it was full of gas and oil. Just rattled around in there.

From the Poulan stickie...

Nice find, Gary.
RANT on.
Some people are totally :censored:ing clueless. In the past couple of months I've received chainsaws that were crammed--with little or no padding--into boxes that were just barely big enough. Both boxes had tears in the fold where the bar went through. One bar was lost, one was still attached to the saw (not a bright way to ship a saw, but at least the saw wasn't damaged).
RANT off.

No I can't say that I have. Perhaps I've been fortunate. Was there a claim filed concerning your situation or did you just take it on the chin. Just curious.

I always ask that people wrap the saw in an old towel or similar and then put it in a bag, garbage or a fertilizer/seed/chaff bag of some sort then pack it in a box.

Not sure who you would send a gnarly looking saw with the bar still on it with over there in the US. We have a limit here for the post of about 3 feet. They use some cubic to weight formula and its getting damn expensive now. I think the max girth is 110x40x40cm.

If I see a saw on eBay I usually ask,
'Would you be willing to drain the tanks, air them out for a day or two, put the caps back, on remove the bar and pack this up and post it to me.'

Howdy,
I should have took pictures over the years at some of the things that showed up to Bailey's. We even used to have them come in on the Greyhound Bus.
Regards
Gregg

I had a pair of new A460 heads with matching intake (this stuff is far from cheap) arrive at my house just tossed in a big box. All 3, together, no padding. Just 3 big chunks of now very dinged up and ruined hunks of otherwise new aluminum in a box with some big holes in it.
:bang:

Back