not chainsaw related but need a little advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, out a little farther than I normally go in that direction. Last two trips that way were rough. Bought a quad from a guy who told me the miles were 850, got home at 5am in Michigan pulled it off the trailer to realize that was the trip meter and the miles were 1400, it also had rust on it which I hate, still made good money though. Time before I got off 70 about 30min south of Zanesville to buy a parts quad. I paid the guy walked down the passenger side of my trailer to notice the wheel leaning bad. Bad bearing, he was awesome and totally helped out. Drove up just west of Canton only to pass on another quad, that was a long trip.
It seems as nothing is easy over in your neck of the woods. The good thing is we're making money for our hard work.
I just thought of another bad trip to Columbus, but the next week made up for it:). Thats why they call it work.
Maybe I should go that way more often.

My $.02, coming from a home-based, small shop, small shadetree engine mechanic and then a custom engine builder for all kinds of race cars.......

This "customer" is a con artist. He knew he brought you a steaming hot piece of crap to work on and he knew it would take a certain level of money to fix it, especially since you mentioned that he had gone around to other shops for quotes before coming to you. This is your first tip-off; you were his last choice, not his first. He was looking to take advantage of your mechanical abilities and probably hoped that you could fix his steaming pile into a working pile for 1/3 the price of the quote to fix it right.

You are a smart feller, You know that very few things work for a long time after having a sub-par repair, which is what I know you told him at best case, it will just get him by until next season.....

You did your best, You told him that it would likely not work, it didn't work, and the guy was still pissed and surprised when it didn't work out.

Keep your very hard earned $200 and let him go somewhere else. In the style of OBI-Wan KENOBE, "these are not the customers you are looking for"

Latest posts

Back