Anyone want to come work with me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Mike Maas
Actually, CA is now the number one dairy state. We still have the fattest chicks though.:eek:

I like drinkin, gamblin, cigarettes, chewin tobacco, fat girls and little Debbies. Ya know why? Cuz when I die I wanna look dead. I want people to walk by the casket and start gaggin. "???? he stinks!!!!!!" Ack!!!!!!!. Actually I want to be cremated, and thrown in the chili at the wake. I want everybody to have a taste of me when Im dead and gone, but before they do that I want them to cut my pecker off and throw that in after the fact. 6 words you dont want to hear at the wake. "There's a **** in the chili."
"Theres a nut in there to, I know if theirs one theirs probibly two, I aint eatin that stuff"

Kenn:Monkey:

Originally posted by Dan F
glens-
Clean out your PM box!!:D I just tried to send you one.... I'm about 15 minutes south of Crawfordsville, and 1/2 mile off of 231. Where are you located?
I'll be home in a couple days, and I'll copy stuff out of my PM box to my home computer then.  It's my preference to use email anyway.

It takes me about 10 minutes to get home from C-ville going southwest.

Sounds like you're by Parkersburg, or maybe on (is it?) 236.  Maybe me and a buddy put in a new well for you a few years ago if you're west on 236.

Glen

Originally posted by Mike Maas
How about if i work for you, but you relocate here?

Productivity might drop, not cause you wouldnt be on time, but cause you'd have us Meilleuring every tree.....and beitching about all the one arm bandits.;)

Update,

The rest of the week went like clockwork. The boys were on time, fairly attentive, and we did $7400, most days were short too boot. I didnt get done till 8 pm last nite though, after working, I was doing a couple bids, when I got a call from a distraught lady. Her kitty, Otis, had been been AWOL since Monday, and was just located, 35 feet up in a cedar, where it split into 4 leaders. Unable to locate "Cat in a Tree " aka Dan Kraus, I headed over, not too inconvenient, as a bid was 3 miles away..and my gear was in the pickup (For today's job, I'd hired a bud to bring his truck with built in chipper, so that we could access the backyard, and had loaded the gear in the Toyota.) On my second throw line toss, the poor kitty scampered straight to the top, aargh. I got a line set at 35 feet, attached my new GLEasy bars (similar to Marbars, but only requiring 2 CMI assenders, an invention of Greg Liu) From that point, I 3 point contact climbed the greasy tree (light rain, and some downsloping limbs) I was hoping the puddy was in a different leader than the one i was climbing, so that maybe I could get above him. No such luck. The poor feline was perched within a foot of the very top! No amount of coaxing, even a container of shrimp, ,would get him down. I had tied in to 2.5 inch wood, and had to stretch up a foot or so, just to grab Otis by the back. Luckily he didnt try to fight me, but mellowed right away and didnt fight as I unceremoniously stuff him into a pillowcase. My line was too short, so I had to recrotch on the way down, so i couldnt just hold him.

Now I'm out the door to the Deming Log Show, where wiley_p is spectating, Rotax Robert and V-6 Bill making noise, cookies, and french fires..and I hope it ain't rainin'

Meilleuring every tree?

A bloodless/scratchless cat rescue? Good work there, RB. So far I've never had to do that myself. I watched my boss a long time ago do it. There WAS blood and scratches involved!:laugh:

Cat rescues can be embarrassingly easy or insanely dangerous and difficult. Sorry I missed your call Roger.

Originally posted by rbtree
Hilarious!!

I'm tellin' yer bride!

But seriously though, I hate funerals. There really uncomfortable. You got it all worked out in you head what ya want to say and something stupid usually pops out like. "$hit happens"
And the Preacher is trying to make the family feel better by saying "He's gone to a better place." Well what if hes an A hole. What do ya say then? "They shouldnt have buried him in the sweater, Gonna be hot where hes headin" I told my wife dont bury me in no sweater, bury me flip flops and swim trunks.

Kenn:blob2:

Kenn, As one who has preached a few funerals/delivered some eulogies I can tell you what I say about the person whom you doubt is in a better place. "He/She is in the hands of a just God. Funerals are for the survivors, to honor people we love, to say goodbye, and to be reminded of our own mortality. One day each of us will be the one whose family and friends will have gathered around. What will they think and say about us? Will we be ready to face the Creator of the universe?"
No judgements pronounced-I'll leave that to God. No false hopes given either.-But those funerals aren't any fun.:(

I've told my family to put me in a cheap pine box, skip the embalming, closed casket and have a good party on the money saved.

Remeber me as I was, not stuffed in a suit with wax makup.

Back