Arboristsite "Urban Legend"?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A possible licensing agreement, and a couple of folks have mentioned patents.

Someone with the knowledge, desire, & time could further research the respective patents and/or licensing agreement(s) if it/they exist. There might be language barrier (German? Swedish?) if a licensing agreement was worked out in Europe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What reindeer posted makes sense to me.

From what I understand, much of it has to do with Husqvarna developing AutoTune with ZAMA, and Zama being in bed with both Husqvarna and Stihl - and actually owned by Stihl from 2008 until last year, when it fell into a holding group that was controlled by the CEO of Stihl. They both use Zama carbs. So, basically, someone, somewhere is sharing or licensing product. Because Husqvarna introduced theirs first with full adjustments, VS the STihl Intellicarb which was rudimentary by comparison, most assumed Husqvarna had the patents.

Personally, I state Stihl licenses it jut to get under people's skins. I have a feeling they both developed it and likely shared information because it likely started as much as an anti pollution measure as a performance measure.

----------------------------------------------------------

And please don't use the word h**s*y, a certain not-quite-an-attorney member might start posting again.
:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Maybe. But, the only thing husqy "wins" at would be being flimsy. Their only direct competition would be earthquake, red max, and shindaiwa for lightweight junky saws. :D
your ignorance fits you like a glove and i wont play your game of stihl vs Husqvarna.i know that when you argue with an idiot they will drag you down to there level then beat you with experience thus i don't want to argue with a pro such as yourself.

Another thread to get guys arguing about whether Husky or Stihl is better ??? Wow..go figure . These threads all turn out the same anymore . What a shame :(

What else you wanna tall about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OYL?

No, the question is applicable, this rumor has been floating around a long time.

It would be nice if it was put to bed so to speak?

Companies don't mind selling or leasing patents as long as they are making money. Just about every company has done this over the years and anymore no matter what you buy most of it is your buying the name and the product is secondary.

The only downside I can foresee with injection is the amount of electronics they are using to accomplish it. Chevy and a few others including marine applications had mechanical injection which is what I thought they'd go to instead of relying on electronics.

SD had a few back in the day.

Remember the 'injector' carb?

Tillotson made them under an SD patent.

Who knows perhaps Makita will beat the big two to the punch eh?

When will dolmar step up to the plate with something new in AT CM.

Heck I will be glad to see the AT CM carbs go and get real injection on the saws. Like they are already trying out on the concrete saws.

The only downside I can foresee with injection is the amount of electronics they are using to accomplish it. Chevy and a few others including marine applications had mechanical injection which is what I thought they'd go to instead of relying on electronics.
I ask this whenever injection comes up - given that it is unlikely we'll see direct cylinder injection, what benefit do you see for injection into the case vs. a feedback carb? Not trying to bicker, but I don't see any at all and I'm wondering what others see.

Note that in the two patents posted above, the important bit was how they sensed the mixture - the means of changing it (stepper or solenoid valve in carb) was not particularly significant.

When will Poulan step up and start building a real saw again?
They do. Poulan is part of Husky and will continue to build what the Husky marketing dept has decided their role should be in the big corporate product/branding road map.

Poulan builds excellent and effective little strato engined saws in the US, selling at a very low price, that meet US emissions requirements. Probably more than anything else this keeps the Chinese out of the market. They've got clever and innovative design touches, like the plastic transfer port inserts that turn economical open port castings into closed port runners. I'd love to see them put some simplified form of AT on them, and I won't be surprised to see that happen.

SD had a few back in the day.

Remember the 'injector' carb?

Tillotson made them under an SD patent.

Who knows perhaps Makita will beat the big two to the punch eh?

Got a 6000i right here that a friend owns. Dont have nothing to do with the running of saw and carb. Just starting as far as I can tell.

SD "i" which stands for "injection" on the Tillotson carburetor. It is not a running fuel injection system but a starting primer injection system.

Poulan owned by electrolux.

Mcculloch and Homelite OH MY!

Dolmar owned by Makita,

Perhaps Stihl will get bought out by Warren Buffet and split up between Cost-co and Wally World?????????????????

Got a 6000i right here that a friend owns. Dont have nothing to do with the running of saw and carb. Just starting as far as I can tell.

SD "i" which stands for "injection" on the Tillotson carburetor. It is not a running fuel injection system but a starting primer injection system.

Yes that is well known.

Got any insight on topic?

i agree 100% but who or whom here on this site, or any other enthusiast site will really have 100% of what is really going on inside husky or stihl? there are a few dealers here, and they are great, but dealers only know know what their rep tells them. reps are good at feeding dealers b.s, and telling them what they want to here. i can tell you that our stihl rep says all the rumors are boil down to husky and its supporters are butthurt that stihl owns zama. why would husky sell this technology to stihl? it is funny that the "old purchased technology" that stihl seems to be alot less problematic than the current husky system? this is the internet, hearsay and opinion is common here?
My Stihl/ Husqvarna dealers saw tech moans and groans about the amount of auto-tune saws that require attention, he compares them with cummins vs. powerstrokes .

Latest posts

Back