Are big saws just for people who rent their home?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyRumore

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
It seems everytime a decent size saw comes up for sale, the dorkwad posting the ad says the saw "IS NOT FOR HOMEOWNERS". So if you own your own home, large saws are not recommended for you? I know what they mean, but repeating dumba$$ comments like that, which were overheard on the internet, is just juvenile.

Tony

But. Even if you are renting or leasing a house you are in a sense owning it for a certain time duration within contract guidelines. The non pro saws have been called homeowner saws for decades nothing new. You just have to jive that way if you want to sell the saw.

It seems everytime a decent size saw comes up for sale, the dorkwad posting the ad says the saw "IS NOT FOR HOMEOWNERS". So if you own your own home, large saws are not recommended for you? I know what they mean, but repeating dumba$$ comments like that, which were overheard on the internet, is just juvenile.

Tony

Works for me. I spent a lot of time looking for 'decent sized saws' recently, and an ad like that would save me time picking through all the generic "Chainsaw For Sale" ads.

I can think of a lot of things I would like to call them when one them H O saws shows up straight gassed or worse but I will continue just calling them H O saws just to be polite.

I'll tell you what it is....the guy selling the saw has a short man complex and/or a small weiner complex. He's the big tough man, and guys like you should not apply. Give me a break, girlfriend.

Tony

Well, maybe so. But there are some "homeowners" out there that probably know quite a bit more about cutting wood than the "professionals".

Have you ever seen UFC Fight #1. That's where the 400 pound big bad a$$, fights a 130 pound guy and gets his clock cleaned. Telling a homeowner..."this saw is too much for you" reminds me of the monster on the ground in UFC #1 when the little man kicks his tooth out across the canvas and blood starts dribbling out of his eye.

Tony

Last edited:
Well, maybe so. But there are some "homeowners" out there that probably know quite a bit more about cutting wood than the "professionals".

Have you ever seen UFC Fight #1, #2, #3, #4 ect? That's where the 400 pound big bad a$$, fights a 130 pound guy and gets his clock cleaned. Telling a homeowner..."this saw is too much for you" reminds me of the monster on the ground in UFC #1 when the little man kicks his tooth out across the canvas.

Tony

Lol, thats because Gracie was a BJJ legend. He did wear them big fellows out though didnt he! :D

I would'nt think most people mean anything bad with the "homeowner thing". Just a way to tell beginners to beware.

I don't see anything separating pros from homeowners except for experience. Anyone can be a pro in thier own mind. It kills me when people refer to themselves as PROS. Now that does aggravate me. Or gets my goat, however you want to say it. :D

Last edited:

Tony

Tell the guy not to worry, Your Homeless and need a Big Saw.

LMAO.

For sale:
a bad azz saw that only the big pro dudes can handle
comes with 48" bar and razor sharp non-safety, pro cutter chain.
Must have current GOL license to operate.....

Give me a break. Just a sales come on.
Just like the 700 HP diesel pickup trucks that run around
hauling empty coffe cups and haven't tugged a real load.

lmao

I would say that I fit the catagory of typical "homeowner" when I first joined this site. You know the newbe questions and all. We all had to start some where!

I'm sure I'll never reach pro status. I'm not sure I want to. They work way to hard! :msp_thumbsup:

Just a thought.... While you are complaining about the "dorkwads" and the wording on the ads they post I am out getting deals on those saws and leaving you with fewer to choose from. I find it best to concentrate on the item being sold rather than any perceived shortcomings of the owner.

Just a thought.... While you are complaining about the "dorkwads" and the wording on the ads they post I am out getting deals on those saws and leaving you with fewer to choose from. I find it best to concentrate on the item being sold rather than any perceived shortcomings of the owner.

Exactly.

Yes lets sell our modded up 066 to someone who has never ran a saw before. Then they cut their leg off. Next thing you know is your getting sued for selling it to them and the saw company gets sued for building one. Then the price of saws go even higher. I see your logic.

Ray

Latest posts

Back