Are you still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up to a cold house and lit a fire, looks like a couple of more for this week, don't mind the fires but I'm getting sick of the cold weather, I need to go fishing.

Started out this morning around 60. Clouds & cold front moving in. Now 48. Wife has rule…below 50, I light fire. One more time, stove is going again. Enough already…Ive got taters that need planting.

Just put a green log on the fire. It won't burn to fast or hot. 45° and light rain high humility makes for cold air.

I gave the owb it's final cleaning of the season this morning so it is what it is at this point.

Except for 4 or 5 days I have had a fire in the OWB since the end of October. I also heat my hot water with it so as long as it is even close to needing heat for the house I have a fire going. The hot water aspect makes it much easier to keep the old girl fired up. Hasn't warmed up a bunch today so it will see a couple of logs tonight.

Now selling bundles for campfires. So, the building heating season is over in these parts. Time to enjoy the great outdoors and some folk songs gathered around a campfire. Dry cottonwood does the trick. Add in some elm and maple and take it from there.

I've been workin' on the railroad, all the livelong day...

yes burning the uglies here.....sending lots of smokey goodness in the direction of NYC :rolleyes:
Yes and no. The mighty Yukon has been cold for a month or so except for a load or two, but we are still feeding the stove in the living room a 5 gallon bucket or so worth of odds n ends per day. Not every day, but more than not, just enough to blow a lil smoke over the PA way, hopefully greenskeeper can relay it on to NYC, or even better, DC!
We have had a couple days where it was warm enough to open the windows to warm the joint up a bit.
This weather has me interested in building a hot air solar heater...

I just put away the wood rack and working on splitting up the last of my logs to store away for next winter. We just hit mid 90s today and mid 70s all week. I think its safe to say we are done burning.

31 degrees here this morning with heavy frost. Started the woodstove to keep the propane furnace from running. Burning mainly left over slab wood. Today, temperature is supposed to go up into the mid-fifties.

I'll be out cutting next year's firewood a little later this morning.

Latest posts

Back